95 Monte Carlo Bushings/Rubber

Michael Savage

Looking to replace all the Sway Bar, Control Arm, etc Bushings/rubbers with Polys, but having trouble finding the correct ones Advance and everyone show up to 20 different sized ones that fit. Looking for proper sizing so I know what I'm gonna need to order, mine are all cracked, dry rotted, or getting there.

Its been so long since I installed my Z34 bar, IIRC the inner was the 1 1/4 and the outer to strut bushings were on the shelf as 22mm. IIRC though which I probably do not.

Not sure about C-arm bushings but you could stop by a autoparts store and measure the standard bushings and go from there.

Sweet Rich that helps alot, trying not to have to clear out the shop to pull the car in until I can get them in got a bunch of lawn mower and etc tore appart in there for people. Pretty much the stabilizers and Sways need them the worst, they're getting bad.

Yours will be a bit smaller though unless you have the larger 34mm Z34 bar. I remember one size working and the other size had to be ordered, probably the inner so you might luck up on off the shelf parts for the factory 30mm bar. Assuming the auto part stores in your area stock ES bushings that is. The brackets also have grease fittings but I have better luck just unbolting the brackets and slathering it on, works better.

you need to get a vernier caliper and measure your own vehicle, as without further info we can't tell you what your vehicle has as options vary/

let me state though that you should upgrade to the heaviest components you can before you buy bushings.

best front bar is 34mm.  if you don;t have that bar it is found on all gp b4u coupes and anything gen 1 or 1.5 with a 3.4 dohc. 

add the frame plates reinforcement plates from a donor if you car does not have them.

Personally I add the front 34mm bar to every car along with the frame plates, and use the following to very high success (250,000 miles on one set and still going):

MOOG suspension bushings for GEN 1/1.5 sway bars (blue rubber? ones)

(34mm bar) inner: MOOG Part # K6457 {Sway Bar Bushing Kit} Front Suspension; To Frame; w/1-5/16" Bar
(all bars) outer: MOOG Part # K6641 {Sway Bar Bushing Kit} Front Suspension; To Control Arm

best rear is from a 95 only 3.4 lumina or MC.

Alright sounds good mostly trying to get it back smooth and stable with how much driving I do, on average 1k miles a week for some comfort, gonna swap to 97+ regAl Rear struts to stiffen the back up. Rebuilding in from the inside out. Great motor and transmission, bout to finish the interior back nice, finishing up the suspension and then replacing the headlights and next gonna paint it.