Tradndave

Hi everyone , new to the forum and wanted to say hi.

Bought a 95 cutlass convert for my girlfriends birthday and "massaged it " a bit . Has the 3.4 in it . It's a very cool little car . I'll post up some pics of what I did to it . Thanks for all the great info on this site !

Welcome to the forum Tradndave!!

95s are one of the more rare ones. They had a short run and they're the only ones with the newer interior.

We gotta see some pics mayne

Wait, so it started out as green/tan, then you "massaged" it to THAT?  It looks REALLY nice!  Never have I seen a white interior quite like that.  

Thanks , interior came out pretty cool. It took a lot of dye ... About 2-1/2 gallons .

Car started out as a green/tan ,well taken care of high mileage one owner 95 convert .

My gf had 2 95's ... A blue one that she bought in early 1995 and her fav car,a triple white 95 that she fell in love with that she spotted at the dealer while getting service on the blue one . She traded her blue one in that day for the white one . Now a "few" years later she's got her white baby back!

That's a cool story.  I'm guessing you didn't go with a white top because they're a lot of work to keep clean?

That's a cool story. I'm guessing you didn't go with a white top because they're a lot of work to keep clean?

I didn't do the top white for 2 reasons .

Keeping it clean was one and I wasn't sure how the dye would hold up to scrubbing so I opted for black

I didn't do the top white for 2 reasons .

Keeping it clean was one and I wasn't sure how the dye would hold up to scrubbing so I opted for black

Oh, I thought you put a new black top on the car.  Didn't know you dyed the tan one black.  The pictures make more sense now.  How long ago did you do the conversion and how is it holding up?  It really is cool man.

Oh, I thought you put a new black top on the car.  Didn't know you dyed the tan one black.  The pictures make more sense now.  How long ago did you do the conversion and how is it holding up?  It really is cool man.

Thank you , I just finished the transformation . I dyed the top less than a week ago so only time will tell how it holds up . I got this car for her to use as a summer only , top down fun car . This car has never seen snow or salt . It was stored every winter in a heated garage. It was by far the cleanest rust free car I've ever seen .

Wow! What a project! I guess if you can't find a cutlass supreme convertible in the colour scheme that you want, get any, and make the one you want out of it. I have always wanted a light cloisonne blue/white/white, but when I was ready to buy, I ended up getting the bright aqua metallic/graphite/black. Hmmmmn.......!

It helps if your a custom painter

The car I found was so nice .. Only 3 small dings , no rust and a maintenance history back to the day they bought it .

I would have loved to find a white one but I'm not complaining!

Your profile doesn't show your location. If you are in Ohio.... I need my body paint redone. Same colour, not colour change.

Thats a nice conversion.

Now im not crazy over losing a green vert but the workmanship here is extremely good.

I love the interior!  The wheels and exhaust tips look great too.   I also have a 95, I love seeing them restored.  Someday I'll have the money to do this to mine, thanks for the inspiration!    

Why the giant sheepskin seat covers?  Is that for functionality/comfort, or to hide damaged leather?   Because I LOVE the white leather seats in the verts.   I wanted to see what yours would look like with the white carpet/dashboard and white seats.

Thanks all ... Grimes ...yes front seats are slightly damaged so I put the sheepskin in .

Funny thing is everyone but my girl likes em .

She hates em and its her car so there goin .