Old Member Back To The Site

MemphisMan

Hey everyone.  Tom (MemphisMan) is back on the site again.  After a very long and painful divorce (in which I almost lost the Cutty) I'm finally out of hiding.  I've kept up with some of you on Facebook so that's been good.  Still got my Cutty and it's pushing 58k miles now.  Coming up on timing belt change soon.  Replaced LIM gaskets, plugs and wires a few months ago.  The car is holding up well and I'm still babying it.  The lip spoiler is starting to fade though so I'm gonna have to get it touched up this Spring.  It still has it's same spot in the same garage since 2010 when I bought it. 

post-3600-0-61006400-1456165965_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Been there, done that, just ex$pen$ive. Doesn't look like a Midget in the photos rather something with reliable electronics.

[p][br][0x13]    OB Lucas: Lucas had the original anti-drunk driving device: if drunk you'd never get it started.

Yep.  Divorce is expensive for sure.  Still have the Midget, but picked up the 2011 MX-5 because I've wanted one since 1990.  I honestly haven't had any random electrical issues with the Midget since I replaced the wiring harness in back in 2002 when I did a complete restoration on it.  I've had to replace the headlight switch a couple of times because the reproduction switches are junk.  Your Reattas are awesome...always wanted a convertible one.  

Edited by MemphisMan

And Reattas are quite undervalued now. See here. Just could not resist this GTP though - hit two of my buttons, DOHC 6 and manual transmission (now have 4, 5, and 6 speed manuals, rest are automagics.). Thought my next car was going to be a Cad XLR but prices are still too high.. Odd thing is that my other DOHC 6 is my tow car.

First car was a Jag XK150S. Wanted a TR3, Jag was cheaper, found out why, after nine took the cure, can almost ignore an oil pressure gauge now.

Thanks Galaxie.  Good to be back.  Did you sell you vert?  Thought I saw something about it being for sale at some point.

No, I still have it, Rich has expressed interest in buying it, but has a couple of things he's taking care of right now.

I finally after 30 years bought an '88 IROC-Z, which is replacing the Cutlass as my daily driver.

• 1 month later...

Good to see you back. I love that interior. If it comes up missing, it's in my car. I took a short break as well, but back with a slightly new name. At least you could remember your password.

Same car.

post-9712-0-70173300-1460474091_thumb.jpeg

George, that center exhaust is tits

Thanks,

[line break]

Tom, I remember when you first joined with only 212 miles on the car. It's nice you have been enjoying it a lot.