UA-65274002-1 Jump to content
White93z34

2016 W-body June 2016 Planning thread

All weekends in June work for me, Ill follow the thread and when the date gets locked in, Ill set it up. I am more than happy to try and switch things up for food. Just keep me in the loop. I finally figured out that my username is case sensitive but I am back on now.

All weekends in June work for me, Ill follow the thread and when the date gets locked in, Ill set it up. I am more than happy to try and switch things up for food. Just keep me in the loop. I finally figured out that my username is case sensitive but I am back on now.

Lol, you live in Toledo.

I know of a few more yards around that we can go to other than KRAP. I am meeting with the hotel manager in a couple days to discuss arrangements and let her know that the last couple years have been disappointing when it comes to accommodations. Do we want to do something different for food or have the food arrangements been satisfying?

I would like to have it decided earlier than Friday night or Saturday night where we're going, but otherwise I don't mind the choices. It just seems like every time we wait until that night to decide it takes forever. And I agree with the convoy thing, I like doing it but if everybody doesn't know where we are going to get split up between the stop lights and have some slight issues

Convoying is only fun if we all do it, without getting broken up.

When we were kids we drove old trucks offroad in convoy fashion. The lead truck and the last ("tailgunner") were the most capable vehicles. A bit more so with the tailgunner because it was that truck's job to pull or push the less capable trucks along. A system like that would work for us, if the cars that knew where we were going were spread more across the field to take a secondary lead position if we get split up.

That wouldn't work if there are stoplights in the middle of the fields

That's the idea, someone in the back to come up and take the lead in the event we get broken. Of course simply making sure everybody has the address would theoretically work better since it's likely everybody has a GPS on the phone in their pocket.

I know of a few more yards around that we can go to other than KRAP. I am meeting with the hotel manager in a couple days to discuss arrangements and let her know that the last couple years have been disappointing when it comes to accommodations. Do we want to do something different for food or have the food arrangements been satisfying?

speaking of, we were at RRI Maumee a few weekends ago, they've updated a lot since the last toledo meet, or at least our room was.

Rooms are set up under the name "w body"                                                                                                                                                 

Downstairs rooms are now deluxe rooms with full cable and a microwave and fridges, they are 79.99 plus tax, upstairs rooms are 74.99 plus tax and simply have the fridge. I reserved 20 rooms on the back side of the hotel like normal.                                                                   

Group name: WBody                                                                                                                                                                                                  Hotel phone number: 419-893-0292                                                                                                                                                                        All rooms must be reserved before May 27th or they go up for grabs. I will post the room chart as we are able to pick our rooms this time. I reserved room 140.