UA-65274002-1 Jump to content
White93z34

2016 W-body June 2016 Planning thread

I agree on the motel thing - if we could get a motel that would be amenable to us doing what we do without being standoffish when we talk above a whisper, that would be nice. We really have not had any big issues since the last Dayton meet, it's just been stupid motel staff that seem to just assume we are all vagrants.

I still think that having one meet a year in Toledo and rotating the other to a new location would be safe, since Toledo has been the most chill location even if it is a little predictable.

I still like BXX's Idea, Cleveland area is kind of rowdy naturally so I really don't think our group is going to stand out as hooligan, and there is a restaurant/Bar not far from there that was featured on Triple D called Melt. Factor in the other attractions and mammoth wrecking yards within striking distance and Lorain becomes a pretty cool place for a meet.

The big thing I see is travel time since pushing further east could put off some of the members, but on the other hand could make it more appealing for other ones.

I'm completely fine with Domestic Dayton since it's far closer to me, but I'm biased. Dayton is 7.5 hrs from me. Aside from the last time we were there, we never had any problems.  

Lorain is 10.5 and would probably put it out of range for me. Toledo is an hour shorter and I'd be 50/50 on it. 

Cleveland is the absolute worst at 11+ hours (also Cleveland is a fucking dump), so I'd pretty much guaranteed to be out.

I'm also with Jarek on the house thing.  I dunno, it just seems like that would seriously separate people.  At least at one hotel people can bounce around between groups and find something fun to do. 

I think we should have a vote/thread on dinner Friday and Saturday instead of trying to figure it out then. Saturday breakfast is usually whatever each person wants and some people don't get up till noon, and lunch is at the park, and Sunday breakfast is usually Bxx evans

Lorain is only 3.5 hours from me, so yea I'm down for that. But I would be down for Toledo as well, or wherever really. I'm not very picky. Some place with a few large junkyards nearby would be ideal! The U-Pull it by me gets picked over very quickly.

On a unrelated note I'm happy to see a few of you have adopted the "domestics" saying lol.

If anyone cares to do the research and find a place that is accommodating to large groups then I'm perfectly fine with that. But lets keep in mind we gotta do that real quick.

My preference would probably be to fall back to Toledo. We know the area well enough, there are plenty of things to do there (junkyards, range, thrift stores) for those that want to split up and do their own thing. Sure its basically the same old same, but I'm OK with that overall. I don't have the time like I used to have to plan these things out and not knowing the other areas as well makes it more difficult. 

If we are to try and plan around the Detroit w-body/3800 meet The weekend of the 25th is right out and I think I have to goto a wedding the weekend of the 11th. 

MY preference would be the weekend of the 18th, but that is just me. 

I can do the 11th weekend possibly but only Saturday and Sunday. The 18th i can make the whole weekend. Its all up to if i can find a place to rent me a car because im not driving my dads truck that far since it has a ignition interlock device in it now. And like Chinese Matt i don't care where it is as long as I don't get shot