UA-65274002-1 Jump to content
White93z34

2016 W-body June 2016 Planning thread

Well Its been awhile, I've had tens of people asking about this meet which warms my heart that the show will indeed go on despite the fall meet never happening.

The general concessions I gathered from the postings/social medias and talking to people since out 2015 Meet in Columbus, OH is that perhaps it was a bit too domestic even by our standards. I had a good time, but between construction and parking lot "pharmacists" perhaps its time to move again.

So far, I've seen 2 serious locations pitched

Back to Toledo, OH where we seem to have had the most success though if I must say so myself almost too predictable, though we all seem to have issues planning our way out of a paper bag so...

Then just today Bob mentioned Lorain, OH. I don't know much about Lorain aside of that its close to my house which for my own selfish reasons sounds like a good idea. and there is a lake nearby. And I'd venture to say most of the "regulars" to the meet are more located around Great Lakes then anywhere else.

But since Facebook is a fucking hole that eats posts lets get serious discussion here.

Tomorrow evening I can get a list of things available to do in Lorain area which includes Sheffield Lake, Amherst, Avon areas. Cleveland is also half and hour away (junkyard) and Norwalk raceway is 30 miles away. Along with a list I can get info for the parks along Lake Erie and hotel and housing arrangements at my own house. Have more of a party safe haven than a hotel parking lot which Toledo seemed to tolerate us a lot less last time we were there.

Yeah, I take responsibility for the Columbus Meet - it was a shit traffic situation, I wasn't around for the "domestic" activities but it certainly did not seem like a sketchy area. Oh well, I figured a fresh try in a new area wouldn't hurt, and it was still fun.

I'm up for whatever or wherever within reason.

Toledo was great, and Columbus wasn't a bad experience but I feel Lorain would give us an awesome wrecking yard adventure, two for those who want to hit the other big yard on the way out of town.

As for the dates my schedule is open so my vote be decided by bribing me with beer. My beer is Dos Equis Lager BTW..

Jenn and I are down for Teledo as it has worked.. reliably I think. as for Lorain know nothing of it. I enjoyed staying at hotels and hanging out in the lot with everyone.. even if Im always super tired from attempting to get my broken pos tgp there.. this year I will have 89 conquest

-Jarek

The pic shows the location of my house which is 3/4 of a mile from the lake and less than 3 miles from 2 different park locations on the lake.

Now I feel crappy being an Erie native since Lorain has an "Erie Ave." and we don't have a "Lorain Ave.", we are however in possession of an Erie St. as well.

Edited by Imp558

Bxx I'm just saying.. Nothing against you just that its a 12+hr trip and I'd like to be doing stuff with everyone not just hanging out at someone's house. I liked the fact that everyone stayed together at one motel and played games and hung out.. But with this I almost feel it may get segragated somewhat.. And I liked teledo. I was totally sketched by columbus but who knew.. Teledo has been reliable and red roof has dealt with the shit.

Jarek