Hello

funnyman0815

Hello, I have a 2002 buick century, which I know some of you hate, but my grandparents made me sell my '97 nissan altima and take their Buick. My original plan was to swap in an LS7 and convert to RWD, which I still have drawn up but had to put on hold due to college being incredibly expensive. in light of having to pay for school, I have taken to building a "sleeper".  by that I mean make it a little faster and better handling. I would love to keep pace with the '68 c10 my friend and I built a couple years ago. I have had some Ideas, but none seem to be "the one".  

A)welcome! B) we don't mind centuries, they're just not as sporty as some others, C) good luck with an rwd conversion, I've seen dozens of people say they're going to, and have only ever seen one completed (at least I think it got finished). If you can/do, awesome! You're better off building up your engine or swapping a compatible one.

Why/how would they make you sell it?

the Altima was "unreliable" as I had bought it from a local auction and their century had been maintained properly for its entire life. they bought it with about 2k on it in 2003 and had it until two years ago when I got my license. as for the RWD swap, its gonna be a while, but I will do it eventually. there are plenty of centuries up around where I live and most are listed at or around $700, so even if I end up doing it on a different one, it would still make me happy.

Centuries aren't bad.... It just sucks that they have the 3100.... but honestly, that's an easy fix. You may be better off keeping FWD (ewwww yuck, I know I hate FWD too) but dropping a bigger engine in there. 3100s are part of the 60 degree V6 family so you could easily swap in a 3400 out of a Grand Am or you can go big and swap in a 3500 out of a G6 or any other car that had it. The 3500 is a pretty good engine to mod, they say it responds to boost rather well. Milzy Motorsports specializes in these kind of things, if you're mechanically savvy you could do the swap yourself and have them advise you (they sell the parts for the DIY person as well). Or send it up to Indiana and have them install the 3500, get em to convert it to a 6 speed (via the G6 trans) and get the PCM tuned (which would have to happen as well).

Or just KISS and get a L67 donor and go from there. Tried and true, everyone has it, but the 3800 aftermarket is massive. You could go from 240hp to about 300hp and more (but at that point it too will hurt your wallet).

These cars are pretty badass if you can make em into sleepers.