2004 GP GT2 "CHECK GAS CAP" on DIC

Radnsmash

Sup forum, haven't been on here in years; last time I was I had a 2000 SSEi, which I sold over a year ago w/ 195k on it still running and driving. Anyhow for the last 2 years and 20,000 some odd miles I've had a 04 GP GT2, which has been a very decent ride for what I paid for it.

Anyway, I got a message on the DIC after about 5 minutes of driving home from work the other day that said "CHECK GAS CAP" 

I just replaced the gas cap yesterday, and the message keeps coming back; mind you I dont have any check engine lights/noticeable performance decrease, just this message on the DIC.

I have done a lil homework and it might be pointing toward the evap purge canister or whatnot behind the drivers rear wheelwell?

Any thoughts? 

Definitely check out the hoses connected to the different evap components, one of them could have gone bad or the gas cap could be bad as well. Most of the codes I read at Autozone point to the 2-3 codes that the system lists as a bad, loose or missing gas cap as the number 1 cause. Then it list the purge solenoid, canister, or the hoses next.

Maybe check the rubber seal on the cap and tighten down good then disconnect the battery and see if it goes away.

A few days later i got P0455.  Ended up clearing the code which got rid of the CHECK GAS CAP message for about a day, then it just came back today, and im sure the P0455 will appear shortly.

According to my homework when you get the CHECK GAS CAP then followed up by the P0455 and youve already changed the cap(cap is brand new just got it sunday) its apparently the purge solenoid?

Anyhow I guess the part is about 20 bucks or so and the installation can be done in the driveway.  I'll update when I get that part changed, which will probably be after the holiday.

Hoses look fine, happy holidays for now..