LED Headlights Throwing the computer code for headlight out

NTRCOOL

Hey guys I bought a set of LED headlights for my mom's '07 LaCross and they worked out very nice as far as lighting performance. I was riding around with her today while she was out for a visit, and I could hear that Dinging going on for the check gauges that cars do, and she said it was telling her that a headlight is out even though I replaced them both with the LED's. The only thing I can think of without checking the codes is that the system isn't reading the draw right since the LED's run 30watts a piece vs 50ish for halogens. I am planning on taking my code reader out to her place an see what it says but figured I would drop this here for any thoughts.

You have to draw the same current as the Halogen bulbs, likely you'll end up soldering big resistors in parallel with the leds.

"I" would shit-can the LED headlights and put the halogens back in before I installed "big resistors" in parallel.

"I" would shit-can the LED headlights and put the halogens back in before I installed "big resistors" in parallel.

Yep, like 2 ohm, 50 watt. something in that neighborhood. Have to look at what kind of bulb it is From the factory and see what the current draw is and then run Ohm's law on it