Tech1 Cartridge For Powermaster III?

The Burning Rom

Does anyone know which cartridge is needed to read the codes for the PMIII? Specifically the '89?

Replaced the accumulator in the '89 and made some mods to the brakes. Everything looked good, though the anti-lock light was still on. Brake light is on again now as well. Sick of guessing at what it might be. Want a little more of a hint as to what the issue might be...codes would definitely help.

here you go..........

my OTC 4000E scanner can read the codes using the Pathfinder '93

Thanks. i have the service manuals for '89-'92 already. I don't see it listed anywhere which cartridge to use though....just that you need to use a Tech 1 (Part Number: 94-00101-A). 

OTC 4000E would be nice, but I'm not looking to spend that kind of money to read ABS codes. 

There were several different cartridges that could read PMIII ABS codes for the Tech1

I think 88-90 W BRAKE cart was made just for it

And any GM chassis cart would work

And a properly loaded Mass Storage Cartridge would work as well

here's one on ebay, though I think $65 is way too high for what it is 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1988-90-GM-ABS-Brake-Cartridge-for-Tech-1-Scanner-Kent-Moore-TK03030-/311102928154?hash=item486f2df51a:g:gnAAAOSwGvhUIIow&item=311102928154&vxp=mtr

These are the 2 I have.  The one in plastic has never been opened.  But that's the one from 89 that covers PMIII along with others.  

The 88-92 cartridge is the one I have used for PMIII codes.  Works great.

If you can't find one of these for a decent price, PM me.  I can either sell you one or loan you one.

post-7331-0-69398500-1450120887_thumb.jpg

post-7331-0-58528600-1450120902_thumb.jpg

Another option for people searching this thread in the future is the old otc ABS Reader #3758 or 3757. The 3757 number just denotes that the tool comes with a case. There's a 3757 on ebay now for $99. They cover a lot of other obd1 vehicles as well. i have one and have used it on my TGP's and my parents 94 Regal.

There were several different cartridges that could read PMIII ABS codes for the Tech1

I think 88-90 W BRAKE cart was made just for it

And any GM chassis cart would work

And a properly loaded Mass Storage Cartridge would work as well

here's one on ebay, though I think $65 is way too high for what it is 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1988-90-GM-ABS-Brake-Cartridge-for-Tech-1-Scanner-Kent-Moore-TK03030-/311102928154?hash=item486f2df51a:g:gnAAAOSwGvhUIIow&item=311102928154&vxp=mtr

He took far less thank asking for that cartridge  :)

These are the 2 I have.  The one in plastic has never been opened.  But that's the one from 89 that covers PMIII along with others.  

The 88-92 cartridge is the one I have used for PMIII codes.  Works great.

If you can't find one of these for a decent price, PM me.  I can either sell you one or loan you one.

Dan, thanks for the offer. I ended up picking up the cartridge above. Just need to track down a tech 1 now. The only (functional) one available on eBay went higher than I was willing to go yesterday. I'll have to wait for another one to come around, and try to find one local in the meantime. 

I have an almost brand new one.  If you need to borrow it, I can send it.  Just pay the shipping both ways.  I don't know how badly you need it or if you'd rather wait to buy your own.   Just throwing it out there.

I have an almost brand new one.  If you need to borrow it, I can send it.  Just pay the shipping both ways.  I don't know how badly you need it or if you'd rather wait to buy your own.   Just throwing it out there.

Thanks for the offer. I should be good though for now. I picked up the OTC one Matt mentioned until a decent/not overpriced one shows up on eBay. I was looking through the sold items...guy had posted one that had hardly been used. He bought it new and only used it on his GNX...sold for next to nothing compared to others. 

I'm thinking the brake light I have on right now is probably low fluid. I added a bunch of line (55") and a bigger accumulator so I'll probably have to pressurize the system and then pull the cover and check the level with the system pressurized. The rear prop valve also looks like it is not the correct one (and someone clearly re-did the rear lines....very poorly). Have to crawl under the motorless '90 and see what it has/potentially rob the valve.

Not sure what the anti-lock light is on for though so hopefully the codes will point in a direction there. 

I have an OTC 4000E, its pretty good for an OBD1 scanner.

I just bought a Tech1 from Nunzi, so I'd be willing to part with the OTC unit if someone needs one,