New to the site!

jiggity76

5 hours ago, Imp558 said:

A HUD bezel like you have there, I have a HUD from a later one but need a bezel to modify.

So you just need the bezel or cover?  I could do that.  You want one of the grey ones?

5 hours ago, ManicMechanic said:

Welcome to FB, bud...It's like Hotel California. You can check out any time you like but you can never leave. Then again, I have no life.

LOL!  I still go by the old saying, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.

4 hours ago, jiggity76 said:

So you just need the bezel or cover?  I could do that.  You want one of the grey ones?

I'll pm you tonight, have to dye the dash so color isn't of importance to me, neither are scratches.

Got my plug wire set today for the International.  I'm getting things bought for the tune up, fuel system replacement, LIM gasket replacement, trying to fire her up sometime this spring!  I want to keep her as stock as I can so I thought I'd try these wires.  These cars are suppose to have red wires on the front side of the motor and just normal black ones on the backside.  I haven't been able to find OEM ones (just all black available) so I found these Accel brand ones.  Looks like they will work and I love the color of them.  I won't know for sure until I get them installed but looks very promising.

1I5g05.jpgh1lJOU.jpgh0GoQ8.jpgdc4HQf.jpg5T6NPc.jpg

4 minutes ago, NCTyphoonKid said:

The wires should work out well they are a nice touch

I think so too.  They are more on the orangey red side and the originals have more of a pinkish red tint to them but I think it will still look pretty good.  Way better than just black or grey ones.

On 3/19/2019 at 2:09 AM, ManicMechanic said:

Welcome to FB, bud...It's like Hotel California. You can check out any time you like but you can never leave. Then again, I have no life.

I haven't had a fb since 2012 and haven't looked back since 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Nas Escobar said:

I haven't had a fb since 2012 and haven't looked back since 

Actually,,, I've NEVER done ANY Social Media crap and I don't miss it either!!! with the exception of this Forum and 60*v6.com... I'm sort of an OLD man,,, 63 and I just can't abide by most of the crap that everyone is dishing out!!! I had never even touched a computer until I was 41 or 42...

Oh Well,,, that's enough of MY crap!!!

Tom B...

Edited by walterdude
  • Like 1

I'm anxious to work on the International tomorrow.

I think I want to get some new GM spark plugs for it, change those out and put in the new spark plug wires.  Get the wire holders and wire loom protectors on, replace the crappy incorrect coolant hose clamps with the correct ones, check the coolant level, and put some Murphy Oil down in the cylinders.  Oil in the cylinders will be ok right?  It will be awhile yet before I will actually attempt to fire her up.

Oh yeah, clean off the front valve cover too once I get the wires out of there.  It's been driving me crazy.  I'll make sure to do it before I pull the wires or put cloth down the holes as to not get debris down into the cylinders.  That would be bad!

Is there anything I need to pay attention too when changing out the plugs and wires?  I'm going to do one at a time to not get them crossed wrong.

Edited by jiggity76

On 4/3/2019 at 9:04 PM, jiggity76 said:

I'm anxious to work on the International tomorrow.

I think I want to get some new GM spark plugs for it, change those out and put in the new spark plug wires.  Get the wire holders and wire loom protectors on, replace the crappy incorrect coolant hose clamps with the correct ones, check the coolant level, and put some Murphy Oil down in the cylinders.  Oil in the cylinders will be ok right?  It will be awhile yet before I will actually attempt to fire her up.

Oh yeah, clean off the front valve cover too once I get the wires out of there.  It's been driving me crazy.  I'll make sure to do it before I pull the wires or put cloth down the holes as to not get debris down into the cylinders.  That would be bad!

Is there anything I need to pay attention too when changing out the plugs and wires?  I'm going to do one at a time to not get them crossed wrong.

Did you change the spark plug wire and plugs yet?  It's always a good idea to draw a diagram of which spark plug wires plug into which coil pack.  I put masking tape at each end of the wires, based on where they plugged into the coil packs.  I made the one farthest to the passengers side #1, then numbered each wire as I pulled them off of the coil pack, moving toward the drivers side, which I called #6.  Then I matched up the wires by length, and transferred the numbering to the new wires, then reinstalled.  Which ever way you do it, just keep track of which plug wire goes to which coil pack post.

That's a good idea, no I haven't done it yet.  Plan on doing it tomorrow, suppose to be 75 degrees!  I'm going to take my time and I might txt ya if I run into trouble or have any questions.  Thanks so much, I'll post how I did.

Got the front wires changed out on the International today.  I loved working on it!  I still have to change out the incorrect hose clamps with the correct ones.  I also put new spark plugs and the correct wire protector wraps on it.  Still have a lot to do but I can at least check these off.  I think I'm going to do the rear plugs/wires when I do the LIM gaskets.

0dBmkU.jpg2mxmWM.jpggqQDBX.jpgTfqvlb.jpgCPQT1a.jpggTsCVG.jpgs4nUX2.jpg

Had another fun today working on the International.  After going thru some old brochures, I realized I ran the red wires wrong along with the wire protectors.  I remedied that and also started switching out the awful screw hose clamps to the correct squeeze style ones.  I also ordered a new gasket for the coolant junction housing and will get everything buttoned up once I get it installed.  Still need to do the rear wires/plugs and will get the area around the coil packs tidied up also.

zAmrA9.jpgapeuVL.jpg

Upper radiator hose.

SsLcRY.jpgjavdOw.jpg

I like the look of the wire and wire protector wraps much better.

wMufVu.jpgtzyFTY.jpg

Need to get the gasket put back on and the correct size clamps.  Same for the coolant overflow tank.

U9D4Fq.jpg

Had no idea this stuff was under the coolant overflow tank!

uXkKnA.jpgJy3vue.jpgEFspDt.jpgOxx4Ls.jpg

Just got done with replacing all the incorrect hose clamps with the correct ones.  I also had to pull the front manifold to replace a missing bolt that holds the front coolant tube and engine oil dipstick tube.  Wasn't too bad and I learned a lot!  Since the coolant tube wasn't tight up against the cylinder head, the alignment was off 1/4 inch where it meets up to the coolant junction housing.  Now that it's tight, it meets up perfectly.  I replaced the little rubber hose between the tube and the coolant junction housing and also put a new gasket on the housing.  I'm going to do some touchup paint on the clamps and it will be good to go.  If anyone needs the little 10 mm bolt for the coolant tube and engine oil dipstick tube, here's the part #.

hYYQVE.jpgYjTuYu.jpg

I also got some original floor mats from a member here and he's also on FB.  Perfect passenger and rear seat mats but the driver's one is pretty worn.  At least I have a full correct set until I find a better driver's side one.  Thank you Spencer!

oq0DKj.jpg5KZgN1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Had a long day with the International but it paid off.  I went down to the junkyard and grabbed a perfect master cylinder cap.  The GM dealer said they weren't available anymore and they ordered me the wrong one.  Oh well.  I also switched over the cruise control accumulator and plastic vacuum lines.  The 91 car had a broken line and was missing the holder entirely.  I lucked out again with the 89 parts car as it had a perfect intact system with holder.  I also practiced on some junkyard cars to figure out how not to break the line and holder. 

nv51jc.jpg

This vacuum line section was also a mess but not anymore!

aabexG.jpge7IfXi.jpgfZiVxC.jpg

The driver's side inner fender was damaged/missing and the parts car saved the day again!  Here's what was on the white car, what's left of it anyway.

qFoHXN.jpg

Parts car with complete inner fender plastic and hardware.  Tabs were rusty but still worked with holding the screws.

YRrW4X.jpg

My original worn out decal cap and broken vacuum line.  Line holder is missing.

mi3it1.jpgc86tWq.jpg

7 minutes ago, MemphisMan said:

Start the car already!  The suspense is killing me 😫

I laughed for about 5 mins!  I know, I know.  Gotta be patient my friend.  Want to do it right and I'm savoring the actual act of fixing things as I go.

10 hours ago, jiggity76 said:

I laughed for about 5 mins!  I know, I know.  Gotta be patient my friend.  Want to do it right and I'm savoring the actual act of fixing things as I go.

Yes! Start it already! Lets hear it roar! We could have a watch party.

6 hours ago, K&R said:

Yes! Start it already! Lets hear it roar! We could have a watch party.

I would like to do a video of it at least.  I could do a walk around to tie everyone over.  Never done a video though yet.

This is the only reason I still come here is waiting for it to start!

Well, that and waiting for your STE to get home...

And well, I guess for MemphisMan to sell his HUD Vert....