New to the site!

jiggity76

Wasn't even looking for this today at the junkyard but needed it badly for the 91 International.  They never even charged me for it!

Here's my original underhood fuse panel cover on the left, barely legible.  New one is almost perfect!

D1aZR1.jpgdevuzM.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

So let me just say, MemphisMan is the man for countless reasons but he found this part on Ebay and texted me bringing my attention to it and I couldn't believe my eyes!

nPY3Em.jpgv7jdsN.jpgbByxXN.jpgI0F4QF.jpgd9Tkcc.jpg

A 91-94 CS HUD unit!  After inspecting it, I can confirm that it is an NOS piece and has never been installed.  The screw tabs have never been tampered with and the maroon cover is perfect along with the rubber seal that goes around the perimeter of it.  Also, you can see the outside and inside lens/mirror is perfect, no scratches or fogging.  The inside has no dirt, dust, or any debris at all!  Incredible!  It came in a very nicely packed box and was enclosed in a sealed bag. I would have never known about it unless MemphisMan said something and I'm forever grateful to him.  The best part, I only paid $36.15 for it including shipping!  There was and I'm sure still is a NOS HUD unit still out there that I posted somewhere here.  The guy wants $1000 for it! 

Thank you Memphis!  Your the best!

• Like 3

I lucked up on a grey one from a GP years ago but they have different switches and cables than the CS, but then I seem to recall buying one from someone here as well. I really need to drag everything out and take inventory, ive got to much duplicate stuff I should sell.........or buy additional cars for the parts to go on.

5 minutes ago, rich_e777 said:

I lucked up on a grey one from a GP years ago but they have different switches and cables than the CS, but then I seem to recall buying one from someone here as well. I really need to drag everything out and take inventory, ive got to much duplicate stuff I should sell.........or buy additional cars for the parts to go on.

That's a good problem to have.  Let me know if your willing to part with anything for my International or STE please!

It`d probably be better to say what you`re looking for, i know Ive got a spare front strut tower brace from a Vert, possibly some hood vents with drip pans, lots of none CS stuff that was going to be/maybe turned into CS stuff. 

6 minutes ago, rich_e777 said:

It`d probably be better to say what you`re looking for, i know Ive got a spare front strut tower brace from a Vert, possibly some hood vents with drip pans, lots of none CS stuff that was going to be/maybe turned into CS stuff. 

Anything that's hard to find like HUD stuff, UB3 clusters, CD radios, trim pieces and such.  Seat controls is another biggie one, always looking for LQ1 motor pieces like plenum covers, cam covers.  Any maroon interior stuff for the International and grey interior stuff for the STE. 

Are you still thinking about getting another CS coupe?

Edited by jiggity76

I`ve heard of a fair family owned collision shop that does excellent work I want to take my 1994 to before deciding to pull the plug. Thats not to say I wouldnt jump to save one in really nice condition for a good price either, I do sort of need just a economical DD for when my truck needs a rest repair and a low mileage well maintained 3100 does fairly well. 

12 minutes ago, rich_e777 said:

I`ve heard of a fair family owned collision shop that does excellent work I want to take my 1994 to before deciding to pull the plug. Thats not to say I wouldnt jump to save one in really nice condition for a good price either, I do sort of need just a economical DD for when my truck needs a rest repair and a low mileage well maintained 3100 does fairly well. 

I took a break but I'm at it again.  If I see something, I'll post it as usual.

Man, that thing looks amazing.  I wish I knew how long it was up for auction.  That was a crazy price.  Probably THE eBay purchase of the year!

1 minute ago, MemphisMan said:

Man, that thing looks amazing.  I wish I knew how long it was up for auction.  That was a crazy price.  Probably THE eBay purchase of the year!

I can't thank you enough my friend, I so want to return the favor.  You are the NOS parts finder master!

1 minute ago, jiggity76 said:

I can't thank you enough my friend, I so want to return the favor.  You are the NOS parts finder master!

lol, ancient Chinese secret...

www.ebay.com

I need to find a HUD for my '96. My 98 has it and I love it. Does the '97-03 HUD fit my '96 or do I specifically need to get one from a 5th gen Grand Prix?

Edited by Amanita

1 hour ago, Amanita said:

I need to find a HUD for my '96. My 98 has it and I love it. Does the '97-03 HUD fit my '96 or do I specifically need to get one from a 5th gen Grand Prix?

I'm not an expert or anything but I'm assuming you need to get a 94-96 HUD.  It will probably be easier for you to do the conversion that way.

For a direct plug and play, it needs to come from a 94-96 GP. The HUD units from 94-96 and 97-03 are physically the same size, look just alike, and fit the same way. They even have the same wire connection, BUT the pin outs are different, so it’s not plug and play. The other major difference is that the 97-03 HUD display shows the radio station info. However, not all Pontiac radios will output the signal to the HUD unit.

So yes, the 97-03 HUD can work in your car, but if you want to keep it simple, go with the 94-96 unit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13 minutes ago, MemphisMan said:

For a direct plug and play, it needs to come from a 94-96 GP. The HUD units from 94-96 and 97-03 are physically the same size, look just alike, and fit the same way. They even have the same wire connection, BUT the pin outs are different, so it’s not plug and play. The other major difference is that the 97-03 HUD display shows the radio station info. However, not all Pontiac radios will output the signal to the HUD unit.

So yes, the 97-03 HUD can work in your car, but if you want to keep it simple, go with the 94-96 unit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm glad you chimed in!  Your an expert as I'm not but I was thinking the 94-96 cars would be the easier choice and they should still be somewhat easy to find in yards or Ebay maybe.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm really hoping this plug wire set will work for the International and STE.  It looks to be the real deal but I'm going to inquire about it today.  I want to at least have somewhat of the correct and original look when these cars were new.  What do you guys think?  I've also been thinking about making my own wires, been watching some YouTube videos of how to do it if this set doesn't work out.

ACCEL Spark Plug Wire Set   Primary Image

https://www.oreillyauto.com/detail/b/accel-2714/ignition---tune-up-16776/spark-plug-wire-set-12534/9d7639b409b3/accel-spark-plug-wire-set/116049/2472809/1991/oldsmobile/cutlass-supreme?q=Spark+Plug+Wire+Set&pos=2

Some recent NOS additions to the parts list for the International.  I now have new center caps for the International's pie alloys and thanks to MemphisMan, 2 NOS HUD units.  They're the 2 red ones on the far left.  Including the HUD pieces that are in the International, I have 6 HUD units, 4 HUD adjuster switches, and 4 HUD adjuster cables.  Also bought another NOS rear light bar for the STE.  I have four total of those, 2 NOS ones pictured here, and 2 used ones.  The original one that's on the car and another used one in my parts inventory.

ssrKP6.jpgAFBBIU.jpgbH3SXc.jpgwQGYGf.jpglFGSxp.jpgW7JQnH.jpg

You should put all those HUD units on top of your dash and take a picture.  Post it on FB and try to convince people you actually have them hooked up!

18 minutes ago, MemphisMan said:

You should put all those HUD units on top of your dash and take a picture.  Post it on FB and try to convince people you actually have them hooked up!

Oh Memphis, you crack me up!  Someone on FB made me mad/sad the other day so I probably won't be posted much there for awhile.

5 hours ago, jiggity76 said:

Oh Memphis, you crack me up!  Someone on FB made me mad/sad the other day so I probably won't be posted much there for awhile.

Welcome to FB, bud...It's like Hotel California. You can check out any time you like but you can never leave. Then again, I have no life.

7 minutes ago, Imp558 said:

If you know what the donors were I can give you the information to test those.

Look like all 1991-94 CS units.