New to the site!

jiggity76

Here is some pics of some pieces that I need.  The cladding is cracked/loose on the lower driver side fender and the lower drivers door trim is broke.  The right side grill is broken at the top, not sure what happened but this is how I bought it.  If anyone has these for sale please let me know.  Also looking for a set of factory fog lamps and brackets as the originals are gone and were replaced with shitty after market ones. 

It cranks over strong but just won't start up.  Haven't really got into it yet as I am working on a 1987 GMC High Sierra that I want to get done first.  Just wanted to save the car from the scrap yard, she definitely will be my next project.

Edited by jiggity76

My 91 International 4 door sedan.  Bought it for parts as it is super rusty underneath and not road safe.  Has a lot of good interior parts that I need for my coupe and a extra set of pie rims.  It only has 80,000 miles on it, not bad for $350 bucks I thought.

Looks like it will clean up nice. Have you started trying to diagnose it yet? My first guess would be timing belt and its relatively easy to check.

I definitely will replace the timing belt as I heard that these are very important maintenance steps to do on the DOHC motors.  I will go thru all the normal service maintenance also to make sure no other problems arise.

I definitely will replace the timing belt as I heard that these are very important maintenance steps to do on the DOHC motors. I will go thru all the normal service maintenance also to make sure no other problems arise.

Luckily the earlier LQ1s had a non interference design which means if the belt fails the engine won't be damaged, it just won't run. IIRC in 95ish they changed it to an interference design which will destroy the motor if the belt fails.

Luckily the earlier LQ1s had a non interference design which means if the belt fails the engine won't be damaged, it just won't run. IIRC in 95ish they changed it to an interference design which will destroy the motor if the belt fails.

I didn't know that!  Thanks for the info and for the reassurance.  Not sure they would change that if it threatens to destroy the motor.  Doesn't seem to make sense.  This is my first W Body so I have a lot to learn.

Thats a really nice find. Hopefully the issue is nothing major.

Welcome to the forum btw

Thanks!  I hope so too.  Need to learn a lot about these cars so happy to find this forum.

Thanks! I hope so too. Need to learn a lot about these cars so happy to find this forum.

Theres a lot of good information on here.

Start a new thread with info so we can help you diagnose the car whenever youre ready to start working on it.

that looks like one nice, well optioned coupe you got there. Can't wait to see it when you are done. I'll keep my eyes open for parts if I get around to any junkyards. 

Thanks!  I have been making my rounds here where I live but these 1st gen cars never seem to be in the yards, must be getting hard to find.

Yup, 1st gens are a pain to find ina yard. Most of em got there in the late 2000s early 2010s

6 or 7 years ago now, first Gens used to be everywhere in the yards. Now I'm seeing more and more 3rd gens in there.