Fog Lamp Bulb Upgrade?

The Burning Rom

Almost have the '89 back together and ready for the road. Wondering what people are running for bulbs in the fog lamps..which should really be driving lamps with the way they are positioned. 

Right now I'm looking at running an 894, which is a 37.5 watt bulb. The factory is an 881, which is a 27ish watt bulb. The 894 also has a clear tip, which should help. There's a 50 watt bulb, but that may be too much heat for the plastic housing. 

Anyone found anything that works better? Anyone running LEDs that work decent in these housings? I like LED, but I haven't found any in the past that focus decent like halogens.

Autozone has an option I believe, but its not with the regular bulbs its on a limited time endcap that has off road lights. I`ll get you a part number tomorrow. Its a halogen bulb.

Autozone has an option I believe, but its not with the regular bulbs its on a limited time endcap that has off road lights. I`ll get you a part number tomorrow. Its a halogen bulb.

Sounds good. Let me know the brand/part #. 

Damn, walked by it about 10 times today and I completely forgot, I wrote a note and will be working at a different store tomorrow but I can still get the part number. I want to say the manufacturer is Baja or Blazer. Ive looked on the website and couldn't find it. I set the display and I`m pretty sure the very first # in the run was 881 because I was thinking about getting a set for my Cutlass.

Ok its a Blazer International product off their Baja tough line of bulbs, its actually a 880 bulb but it plugs right into the factory harness for my Cutlass, bought a set to day to try them out for $12.99 P/N DF-880BP-2. They put off a noticeable increase over the standard bulbs and put off a white LED sort of light with just a hint of blue. Not as bright as the low beams but close.

There is also a similar line of sealed LED mini quads that you could mount inside the bumper cover. That also goes for some that I`m considering for my GTP that will fit the circular shape and mount in a similar way.

• 2 weeks later...