Looking a 'ball park' value

John M

Life has been real busy... I do not enjoy working on cars like I used to. With that said I am encouraging my daughter to part with the last vert made. The car is in good shape, 79k. There are a lot of small nit picking items Oil leaks, probable water leak(new). Fog lights are gone, trim items coming loose. Top might last 2 years IF garaged, we do not have a garage. I would like a value idea so we/I can shop a 'new vehicle'.

Thanks 

it is customary that as the last of a car comes down the assembly line each worker signs the part they install. I don't think this happens for just every car type, it's only things with a certain clout from what I understand

I have no idea what the value is , but its the last Convertible Oldsmobile will ever make. It has to be worth a value higher than blue book. You might want to fix it up some and try to auction it. To get the most money out of it.

I like the look of this updated forum but, I cannot find anything anymore. I had previously posted a picture of signatures and a phone number under the back seat. If I can find them I will repost, If they are not still on here.

Wut, II just want to see the signatures again. I can't find anything since the forum updated

I found the pictures but I need help finding the way to upload. Does this 'new' site work OK with Chrome?

Yes. This site works on Chrome. Click the 'more reply options' next too the Post button. Then look at the tool bar for a image icon. That will allow you to upload pictures from your computer. Or you should be able to upload them with a URL link as well.

It still has the same issues as the ones before it (off the assembly line) that didn't have signatures.  Same oil leaks, same manifold leaks! The signatures don't fix nothing. I don't see anybody paying a 2nd car's worth, just for signatures of people he doesn't even know . Just some assembly line workers. Not a second car's worth! No sir!

It still has the same issues as the ones before it (off the assembly line) that didn't have signatures.  Same oil leaks, same manifold leaks! The signatures don't fix nothing. I don't see anybody paying a 2nd car's worth, just for signatures of people he doesn't even know . Just some assembly line workers. Not a second car's worth! No sir!

Like every other thing we buy and sell, it has no actual value, other than what a prospective buyer is willing to pay.

The market seems very soft for our cars these days...but I'd say the owner's best bet is to advertise in publications like Hemmings, where it's not uncommon to find car guys who are more worried about rarity, and history than about age and condition.

There's only ONE last Olds convertible...and that's worth something to someone.

Yeah. Maybe so. But someone said "double the book value". I don't think so.

Considering that "book value" for a Cutlass Supreme convertible iis trending toward the bottom of the depreciation curve, even double book isn't all that much money. In this case, probably no more than say 5-6K, and even then, only a motivated buyer is likely to even consider paying that much.

These days, even a poor vehicle, if the running gear is fairly decent fetches close to 2K in some areas of the country . I don't think it's a big stretch to ask more than that for a car already rather rare, with a history behind it to boot.

I don't know if anyone has thought about this before, but on most cruise nights, driving a Cutlass Supreme convertible frequently means you're driving the rarest car at the cruise. Very few were made, and even fewer survive.