Front sway bar bushings FE3

pshojo

I have 1995 cutlass supreme FE3, DOHC 3.4, Time to replace the front sway bar bushings.

When looking on ebay/rock auto/ect, its hard to know which ones actually will work on my sway bar any ideas?

Also what experience have you had with different brands, moog, energy? Please advise.

you PROBABLY have a 34mm(1 5/16) front sway bar, but it's hard to say without measuring.

10284183 - inner(should be 34mm specific)

10152155 - outer(I believe all bars use this outer due to them tapering down at the control arm, listed as having a 21mm ID)

those are the part numbers for the stock bushings

http://www.w-body.com/topic/41254-the-parts-number-thread/

post #10, looks like Ken has the MOOG part numbers determined, 1st post appears to have the poly versions.

I ended up going to Addco bushings due to the Energy Suspensions bushings squeaking. I tried dry graphite, Teflon spray, never seize, lithium grease, extreme pressure moly grease, all to no avail. All of them worked for a while, but most squeaked after the first rain. Everything got wet and then squeaked. I got the Addco's though Summit Racing, 7/8" for the ends and 1 1/4" for mid sections as 1 1/4" is the largest they make and works well. They have been on close to a year now and no squeaks at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I went to junkyard to just get a quick, sway bar end bushing. Got it home to put it on and the id was closer to 30mm. Could the grand prix have had an addco sway bar? i kind of wish i would have looked at it a little closer.

The Moog bushings I've seen so for are approx. 75- 80% as stiff as poly. I think you would see/ feel a bigger difference going from S rated tires to H rated, and not much more difference with W, Y and Z rated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk