UA-65274002-1 Jump to content
Imp558

Fall Meet Location?

So . . . . if there's not any types of plans by the weekend on the forum I will be contacting the Fairfield in Detroit and inquiring about group rates and the meet will be happening there on either the 11-13th weekend or the 18-20th weekend in Septembuary.

The hotel there is nice, cheap and has a huge lot.  There's a cool burger place next door and outdoor halls for most of the hotel.

Is that the place the 3800 guys stay at?

Yes, I've stayed there twice now and nothing but positive things to say about it.

It's very ideal in terms of the lot configuration.  Wifi is half-decent, bar next door, they have a menu that's either big or small burgers (they are epic) is nice & popular.

Just so that there's no mixed signals, yes . . . I want to do the meet in Erie . . . no I have never stayed in Erie.  No, I cannot seem to find a reasonably priced "safe - non-ghetto" hotel.

If someone wants to do that, please put a proposal out there.  Otherwise this thing isn't happening.

Maybe we need to figure out who will even be able to make it first. I know a lot of you need to request off work well in advance. I'll be at my cabin the 18-20 weekend so that's out for me. I could do the weekend before or after if it's in Erie for sure. Detroit would be a big maybe for me.

I was going to edit that but it came out really cool with the voice recognition on my phone! and I agree with that statement fully but I intended to say that anything on Peach St. or along the highway is very nice.

Guys, I've had some personal things come up.  I've tried contacting the hotel, I'm really hoping to hear back sooner than later.  Looks like Detroit for this meet.  I'm really trying to finalize hotel stuff.

Please save the date of October.