93 Cutlass Convertible Build

lawdog

This is my 1993 Cutlass convertible and I've been tinkering around with her for a while. Figured I would post some pics. I Bought the car two years ago off of Craigslist from a guy down in New Jersey. Not well taken care of and was sitting in a backyard for a year or two. Couple of cats living in the back seat and the owner was a strange guy.

This car had all the standard issues that seem to come with these cars according to what you guys talk about. In addition to a broken windshield, fading paint on the rear bumper, broken antenna and some front end damage. Was missing the lip molding on the trunk and the tape deck didn't work. Oil leak, bad brakes and wouldn't start!  But it only had 83,000 miles so I bought it anyways!! Yep paid money. Perfect!!

Sweet another build!!

Is this a mild build or will you be going all out? I'm currently in the midde of mine. Have to update my thread but little by little it's getitng done.

I didn't go "ground up" but trying to have it done right without breaking the bank. Had some sheet metal work on both rear quarters because of the rust. The damage to the hood and front bumper were all fixed. Once we got into it we found some old work on the drivers door that was not very good quality so that had to be cleaned up too.

Did the window sweeps, had the headrests embroidered with the Olds logo, put the LED light in the roll bar. I put in a BOSS stereo (BV7464B) and a new power antenna.  The door handles broke, so I originally tried to get original from the junkyard but they broke too, so I went with aftermarket. 

The front dash had the standard dun damage so I found one on craigslist and did that replacement.  The remote keyless entry didn't work so I replaced that. I didn't know the 1994 RKE does not fit a 1993 so I had to get a second but now it works.

The engine had the standard oil leak so we fixed that. I put aftermarket rims. The guy had three different brand tires on the car and I wasn't a big fan of the original rims (no offense). 

Where was the RKE located in your 93? I need to replace mine and have no idea where to look (service manual says one thing but I couldn't find it. Also, where did you get the replacement and do yo have a part number? Thanks

BTW, It's great when someone brings these beauties back..great job so far.

I tried to solder mine but found out I suck at soldering and I couldn't get it to work. Found one on ebay. I'm stopping by the body shop tomorrow so I can take a pic and get the part #'s off of it.

• 2 weeks later...

The hood scoop is from Laurel Mountain Mustang and is a 1969-1970 bolt on Mach 1 Mustang hood scoop. The spoiler is from California-Dream.com. I still need to add the cutlass emblems.

• 3 months later...