!!!NEWBIE!!! 1990-1991 Buick 2Dr. Regal's

Mr.Barkins Buicks

Okay I only found 1 site that gave the exact description of the problem I am having.....

First off I have some exp in cars and have 6 so manual mant. is required and knowledge as well.

Cars:

1991 Buick Regal 2DR. LTD

1991 Buick Regal 2DR LTD

1990 Buick Regal 2DR LTD

The 1990 I just bought for 550 and is nice on the inside and all, fadded paint the works....BUT

I noticed the trans level after driving around becomes hard to read because foam starts to build up on the dipstick, however once the foam goes away it reads about 2/4 over the XXXXX area on the D.S. the real issue is that the car when started up after sitting over night will go into gear BUT it slips or acts like it...??? Okay heres the senerio break down.

Start car...I wait 10 second for RMPS to set in idle

Move gear to "D" and I feel the trans engage but when I press the gas or let off the brake the car DOES NOT move forward on it's own....i have to press the gas, NO i am not dumb and mash the pedal....i just "kiss" the pedal to see if the car will creep forward and it will but the car feels like its not moving at full power or slips...

I let it sit for about 45 seconds or 1 MIN and the car will shift and you can hear the trans go into gear and it's more present. as a firm grip to the engine not a soft clunk, like when first started But a "IM IN GEAR" Clunk...and after that the car runs fine shifts good OD works, kick down, etc all work fine. Fluid is dark, smells sweet, no burt smell....

Cars Specs.

1990 2 DR Buick Regal LTD UB3 Digi Dash

Silver,

175XXX

NO CODES except QDM1 and Gear shift lever not in proper position...but that was the lever not in proper postition

END of problem.

Tthe following below is a story, on why I try to do as much DIY as HOA will let me and why i dont listen to auto shops.

I kinda, NO I DONT listen to AuH it's time to rebuild etc...WHY??

Read below

I have a 1996 Mercury Grand Marquis bought for 550...

It had 305XXX on it, and when I got it, it had a oil burning issue that I wasn't aware of....so me happy to have a panther was driving and I hear KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK, okay???  I Check the oil...Only had  a dab at the end of the dip stick....I add oil to her and  whata yah know? All is good for 1 month...Then  the FACTORY 1996 h2o pump finally goes bad...I had 4 jobs and delivery driving is one of them!! The trans fluid is old ( i didn't know at the time) and it wouldn't down shift to 1st, running hot due to leak, driving in 110+ weather, stop and go traffic, me being mad and lead footing it, bad fan clutch so the mech fan never worked as well as it should, did this for 6 months and the leak was BAD at the 7th month about a  gallon out every 2 hours would leak... Still had to drive it...35 miles each day!

Parked it for 5 months as the leak was to bad to even drive it any where.

Then one day I said Lets fix this hag!

Did water pump, thermo, upper hose, rad resivor, fan blade, fan clutch, serp belt, and somthing else...The car now holds it's temp, it goes up a little when hot out-side, (it's been in 3 front end wrecks that were never reported, the front sub-fram is bent to h3ll and the car looks like h3ll, a 15 mph sid swipe, and backed into a number of walls...all these were not me btw. it was the previous 6 teens that had it, i am the 7th...hehe lucky number seven for it!!

So the trans still never got attn and still never down shifted to 1st, and I thought the fluid was good...WRONG!!!

It had been bad when I got and got worse when I drove it the 7 months of h3ll!! And finallly the car started to act weird...I was driving home one day about 2 months after fixing it up and the car felt "free" If some don't know Ford full size trannys like to whine in 1st...don't know why, ALL of them do it. Well the whine start to sound as if it was slipping as it would climb up and then shift to second, drove it home, and it was low, got around to fill it up but the problem was still there. Day 3 tranny was starting to slip and when over half throttle was applied the car would slip n catch, OD would BUCK AND KICK the h3ll out of the car, and it would refuse to go into OD...so I took it to the shop the person I went to all the time! for 3 years and what did he say! Oh its on its way out just drive it til it drops...I Said okay out loud....In my head a red flag went up. Got out the books and went looking around....well every were i read and went screemed bad trans...so the day i was going to "just drive" it, I got in and some weird sediment came to me as I sat and just listen to her idle, I pulled it to the shade and said it time...TIME TO FIX IT!! So I went to the auto store got Mercon 6 and a new WIX filter and gasket. The pan was RTV'ed to the trans so the fun involved in getting that off was over-whelming....SO....A LONG and best described in person story short...I DID NOT listen to the shops and places and listen to my car and self and BOOM!!! Trans is working fine and 1st gear is downshifting like it should, od is great and a 4-2 Kick down at 65 cant even be FELT!!

So I know this car can be fixed!!

THANKS ALL!!