CS130 Wiring

Hairdo12

I have a CS130 alternator I'd like to connect to a 6hp motor for a remote location battery charger. I've searched around and I am having difficulties finding a definite answer to how the wiring needs to be setup. Obviously ground and positive are self explanatory; however do I only need to connect the L terminal through a 100 ohm resistor (or small light bulb) to the positive terminal to excite the alternator and leave the others disconnected?

depends on the original application of the alternator. the regulators installed in them changed depending on the vehicle they went into and required different wiring based on that.

GM says the only connections absolutely necessary are the case being grounded, the positive post connected to a battery and a 30-500 ohm resistor(or .38 to 6.3 watt bulb using the resistor numbers and a 13.8 volt reference) connected from the L pin to battery +.

I've used a 1/2 watt 470 ohm resistor for the L pin before, works as expected.

if you connect the F terminal to +12V, then even if the battery indicator bulb on pin L burns out, the alternator will still act normally.