Vintage W-body photo thread

ManicMechanic

• 1 month later...

The trolley lines being in that location solidified it for me -- they end right around that area and loop around the block at the end of the bus route right outside of Kettering.

I mean, I could be wrong, but I'm 99% sure I'm not.

Edit: a quick look at the filename of the image tells me I'm right, I didn't think to look at that before. :lol:

I did a triple-take when I saw this, wasn't expecting to see Dayton up here. I know exactly where this is. I think I rode that bus too, a long time ago.

I was wondering when you were going to notice that. ha

Funnier yet, I am fairly certain that GP was owned by my mom's co-worker's roommate. He lived in that area.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

The shape, taillight design, squared off wheel wells, and the crease that runs along the side just above the wheel wells makes me think Monte Carlo.

Found this on Pinterest. "1994 Chevrolet Monte Carlo | Full-size clay model with the studio team"

The shape, taillight design, squared off wheel wells, and the crease that runs along the side just above the wheel wells makes me think Monte Carlo.

Found this on Pinterest. "1994 Chevrolet Monte Carlo | Full-size clay model with the studio team"

I thought it was pretty obvious it was a Monte concept :thinking: at any rate it's neat

It isn't vintage BUT it recreates a vintage scene with a Regal. From the movie "Joy".

The Regal looks so modern around all those other 80s cars. :lol:

Reminds me of why I was such a fan of W-body styling back in the day.

• 4 weeks later...

Love all of the assembly line and dealership pics, awesome!  Thanks for posting.  The one with the Regal and both doors open looks like a Gran Sport with the bucket seats in the rear thru the back glass.

Walter White seems confused by that seatbelt.

I laugh a little every time I see a picture of the seat belts buckled in with the doors open like that. I don't think many people made use of this "feature."

• ManicMechanic changed the title to Vintage W-body photo thread