2 problems with a 91 gtp

alphagtp

I have a 91 GTP 5 speed that has a couple of problems. First is that it dies if the rpms are somewhat high and I suddenly press the clutch. It basically goes from whatever rpms it was on to 0 rpms and dies. The second one is that once it dies after 2 or 3 times the engine is pretty slow cranking up and will eventually not start. Looks and sound like if the battery was dying. I have replaced the battery and starter, checked the alternator and it shows okay. What could be the problem? I'm hoping that someone here has had the same issues

Check all your vacuum lines, make sure you have adequate fuel pressure and/or your fuel pump primes,and make sure you have good spark. That's some basics where I'd start, then maybe looking at sensors like your cps

I have a 91 GTP 5 speed that has a couple of problems. First is that it dies if the rpms are somewhat high and I suddenly press the clutch. It basically goes from whatever rpms it was on to 0 rpms and dies. The second one is that once it dies after 2 or 3 times the engine is pretty slow cranking up and will eventually not start. Looks and sound like if the battery was dying. I have replaced the battery and starter, checked the alternator and it shows okay. What could be the problem? I'm hoping that someone here has had the same issues

Fix the cranking problem FIRST. What is the voltage drop from battery to starter or engine block? All it takes is a voltmeter and someone to crank the engine for you. You'll have to test the + circuit and also the - circuit.

Starter_Voltage_Drop_Testing.JPG