What size are the wedge bulbs for the side marker lights on 1st gens? (esp Regals)

primergray

Am I going to have to actually go into a store and talk to people face to face? Please say no...I just want to order them online like a good introvert.

rockauto is usually good for things like this. showing 194 and 24 but I can't quite make out the reason for both being listed. I want to say 194 is correct, but I'm not 100%.

rockauto is usually good for things like this. showing 194 and 24 but I can't quite make out the reason for both being listed. I want to say 194 is correct, but I'm not 100%.

24 was the front side marker light on the Cutlass Supreme. They're really tiny. The one on the rear bumper was 194.

I think Wal-Mart has the little ones, you don't need any assistance at a parts store for light bulbs, just match the old one up in the electrical isle. My Regal wouldn't keep those working long so I converted to LED on mine. It was a custom thing though.

Ok, definitely not the 194/168, I have a few of those spare from the Monte. Must be the tiny 24s. What a weird thing for GM to do.

The side marker bulbs on my 92 Cutlass Supreme are 24's. The GM owners manual has it listed as 194's for rear side marker, and that is not correct. I bought the 24's for $1.00 each at my local NAPA Auto Parts.

Yep, picked up a pair of 24s from Advance on my way home yesterday. Maybe I'll try to get her inspected this weekend. Thanks all!

So for future references, the front side marker is 24, the back one is 194 on all W's?

I know mine is this way.

Sides on the front on the Regal are reflector only, since the turn signals wrap around. Rear side markers were 24. Haven't checked the backup lights...presuming they're 194.

RA says: 3057 for sedans, 892 for coupes...... 892s are tiny, is there any kind of light produced to the rear, or are they indication only?

Sides on the front on the Regal are reflector only, since the turn signals wrap around. Rear side markers were 24. Haven't checked the backup lights...presuming they're 194.

Yeah, when I said side marker, I was referring to the turn signal... since they also double as side markers when your parking lights are on.

That's rather strange that your rear side marker is 24. Mine is a standard 194. Your only tail lights lights that are 194 should be marker lights, not the brake, turn or backup lights... at least on mine it's that way. My Camaro has 2 marker lights on the edge of the tail that are 194 and the stop lights/blinkers are 3157. The reverse lights are 3057. My Cutlass has 3057 for reverse, 3157 for brake/turn signals. The 3rd brake light is the funky one. It's an 891. It's actually considered a fog light bulb.

So for future references, the front side marker is 24, the back one is 194 on all W's?

I know mine is this way.

On my 92 Cutlass Supreme S, the owners manual says 194's for the rear side marker. The owners manual is wrong because mine were 24's. The guys at NAPA said it was 194 too, but I brought in the manual, and an blown 24 bulb to show them that their book and the owners manual was wrong. The NAPA guys had a laugh about it, and went and got my 24's!!

Hmm that's rather strange. I was playing with 194 LEDs on my rear side marker when I changed my burnt one. Anyways, I guess that's a year to year change? Or maybe coupe vs sedan?