Transmission pan gasket

GaPrix

I have a 94 GP 3100 4t60e. Is this model year trans able to use a 97 gasket, with the imbedded steel rather than just the cork? I'm guessing there was a slight design change in the trans gaskets?

all 4T60/4T60E and 4T65 can use the same gasket, pans too even.

I want to say the steel laminated ones came out earlier than 97, my 95 had one but the rubber was just flowing outwards and couldn't be reused. got a cork one, no problems for ~20K miles, then a slight leak, so I retorqued the pan bolts and it has been happy for ~35K miles afterwards.

hmm..... looking on rockauto now, a new dorman pan has a drain plug on it, but the interchange is only showing 4T60E applications... odd.

okay, so there are 2 different 4T60 pan/gasket designs, 1 4T60E and 1 4T65 that I can see. they're all just slightly different enough from each other to work on first glance, but probably cause issues in the future.

I guess just stick with any 4T60E pan/gasket and you'll be okay.

all 4T60/4T60E and 4T65 can use the same gasket, pans too even.

I want to say the steel laminated ones came out earlier than 97, my 95 had one but the rubber was just flowing outwards and couldn't be reused. got a cork one, no problems for ~20K miles, then a slight leak, so I retorqued the pan bolts and it has been happy for ~35K miles afterwards.

Cough* Not to be pedantic here, but I know there is a difference between a 4T60 aka TH440 and a 4T60-E. I found this out with my '91 Euro way back. Ordered for the car, parts store says 4t60E, but had to go back a year or two to pull up a TH440 for correct pan gasket. That's all.