Exhaust tips with stock mufflers on a 1st gen.

mfewtrail

Those of you with aftermarket tips and stock mufflers, please post pictures. Looking at my TGP it looks like I only have about 8-8.5'' of length from the tip to the stock muffler - I'm not seeing too much that will fit in that same space, even if I modify the tips and cut off an inch or two. I generally prefer dual round outlet tips w/ rolled edges. If anyone happens to know of a short version of those, let me know. I want the tips to sit at the same place the factory ones do now rather than protrude farther(not a fan of that). On the off-chance I can't find something short enough to work as-is or with light modification, I might just keep the stock tips. I like the way they look, but kinda want something different at the same time.

Edited by mfewtrail

I think there are pictures of my exhaust tips in my thread but I they are more of a cleaned up stock tip looking

Sent from my YP-G70 using Tapatalk 2

Grand Am GT stock tips might fit what you are looking for. But you'd have to clean them up a whole lot. Anything in a junk yard is going to be needing a lot of polishing to look nice. They are single inlet dual outlet tips with rolled edges. And I think the length on them will work with your stock mufflers.

Grand Am GT stock tips might fit what you are looking for. But you'd have to clean them up a whole lot. Anything in a junk yard is going to be needing a lot of polishing to look nice. They are single inlet dual outlet tips with rolled edges. And I think the length on them will work with your stock mufflers.

I'll look at those next time I'm in the yard. I think those outlets on them are kinda small though. I going to go with something with at a minimum 2.5'' dual outlets and may even go bigger than that. I believe the ones on my '93 pictured below(the tips are even now - the right side was slightly lower in this picture, but I fixed that a long time ago) are 3'' diameter and they would fit a B4U kitted car about perfectly. They may even be 3.5'' diameter - it's been forever since I've measured them and JC Whitney no longer sells them. I have found some that are probably the same thing on ebay though, but I want something different for each car to some degree. I guess if all else fails, I might do a full exhaust modification. If I go that route, the plan is to make it quiet, but unique sounding vs. my other one.

se_bridge.jpg

• 1 month later...

I know that this is a bit late.....(have been away for a while)...(this is a view you won't often see where my car is concerned).....here's what the back end looks like without the rear bumper on...these are OEM replacements from Maremont, the original double twin stainless tips are gone but I fabbed up a pair of *doglegs* to properly locate the new tips. This where the mufflers do actually hang under the car..

Rear%20damaged%20bumper%20cover%20remove