UA-65274002-1 Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
snippits

1992 CUTLASS SUPREME DIGITAL SPEEDOMETER GAUGE CLUSTER INTERNATIONAL WITH TACH DENSO

For sale or trade. Will trade for good condition base digital cluster no tachometer. Also will trade for a good condition 3/8 drive ratchet style torque wrench.

Not exactly sure which years this cluster fits, but I do know it fits various years. It's the international version with tachometer made in Japan by Denso. Part number is 16124373. There are some other numbers on it too, and these can be seen in the pictures. Lens is not cracked but does have some scratches which is normal. Seal is still in place, and it looks like the cluster has never been opened.

I received this cluster when I bought the car recently. Seller informed me that the standard three gauge cluster was malfunctioning, and that he had tried to use the Denso cluster, but it did not work because the pin outs are different. I am going to have my standard three gauge cluster repaired instead of trying to re-pin or hack on the wiring to get the international version to work.

$40 shipped via US post mail standard to continental USA, and the part is sold as is. I will take Paypal or postal money order. I will have to use a whole roll of bubble wrap on it three to four inches thick.

Edit: Got the cluster fired up, and it is sitting under the hood of my car when the pictures were taken. The yellowish glow on the cluster is my engine bay lamp reflection. Hard to take a picture outside with all the glare, but that's where the 12 volts was at that I needed to light it up.

Edit: Found the part number on the web. It fits 88-93. And on the notes it fit some 94's. http://www.gmpartscenter.net/oe-gm/16124373

post-11867-143689183997_thumb.jpg

post-11867-143689184008_thumb.jpg

post-11867-143689184016_thumb.jpg

post-11867-143689184022_thumb.jpg

post-11867-143689184028_thumb.jpg

post-11867-143689184105_thumb.jpg

post-11867-143689184116_thumb.jpg

post-11867-143689184126_thumb.jpg

post-11867-143689184134_thumb.jpg

post-11867-143689184141_thumb.jpg

Edited by snippits

Not exactly sure which years this cluster fits, but I do know it fits various years.

It fits Cuttys from 88-92, but they're meant to be in cars from 88-92. I think they also fit the Lumina, but I'm not so sure on that one.

BTW $75 is a bit steep. Would you mind turning on the cluster to see how many miles are on it? I would be interested at that price if I know mileage. I currently have one at 142k. I can tell you which pins to power if you're willing to do this.

Yes sure I will power it up. My only concern about powering it up is that I am thinking that the voltage is stepped down(not sure). Just let me know what pins and how to do it, and I will give it a shot.

About the price. Figuring I will only ship it priority mail only, and it's going to take a whole roll of bubble wrap, plus I will eat the Paypal fees I think the price is in line. It will cost me close to $20.00 with shipping, packaging, and fees.

Edited by snippits

Yes sure I will power it up. My only concern about powering it up is that I am thinking that the voltage is stepped down(not sure). Just let me know what pins and how to do it, and I will give it a shot.

About the price. Figuring I will only ship it priority mail only, and it's going to take a whole roll of bubble wrap, plus I will eat the Paypal fees I think the price is in line. It will cost me close to $20.00 with shipping, packaging, and fees.

If you can connect it to your battery with a negative and a positive cable, that's all you need. You'll get the 12 volts it needs.

I need to look at mine first, give me a couple hours. I'm currently working on my Cutlass, I wanted to do a seat swap but encountered a small issue.

I agree with you, I know shipping can be a pain. I just can't justify buying it if the clock has 150k or 200k. Mine's at 122k. That's all that was about, I just need a relative low mileage cluster.

1992 went to analog. These were never put in 1992 or 1993s (though I did see a seemingly original 1993 SL in a junkyard with one once...Only one I've seen that I know wasn't installed much later.)

My 1992 Cutlass Supreme S 4-door has the base digital cluster with three gauges(fuel, speed, trip). My 1992 Cutlass GM service manual has the base digital cluster, and the digital cluster with tachometer listed. Both fit the 1992, but I think the tach cluster came with the 3.4 engine. I have the 3.1 engine.

My 1992 Cutlass Supreme S 4-door has the base digital cluster with three gauges(fuel, speed, trip). My 1992 Cutlass GM service manual has the base digital cluster, and the digital cluster with tachometer listed. Both fit the 1992, but I think the tach cluster came with the 3.4 engine. I have the 3.1 engine.

Only way to know is to power em up. The 3.4s had a lower red line than the 3.1

Pin C16 is power, Pin C14 is ground. The C pins are the one closer to the back of the cluster (where the Denso stickers are). The D pins are closer to the face side. You don't need any of em to be hooked up, just C16 and C14.

But yeah, 1991 was the last year for the Cutlass Supreme International, these electric clusters were from that era, technically, 1992 is not supposed to have them since they were swapped to analogue only (1992 is actually the refresh) but for some strange reason, there have been instances of 1992s running around with digi clusters.

Edited by Nas Escobar

It's kind of weird that the GM 1992 Cutlass Supreme service manual only lists two types of cluster--base and upgrade, and both are digital. Maybe it's a mid year thing. Had that happen on a 1998 Malibu that had two different alternators because they changed the bracket mounting mid year.

Anyway, I will have to round up some insulated mini alligator clips to get it powered up. Those pins are packed in there close.

Pin C16 is power, Pin C14 is ground. The C pins are the one closer to the back of the cluster (where the Denso stickers are). The D pins are closer to the face side. You don't need any of em to be hooked up, just C16 and C14.

Got it fired up. Edited the first post with pictures. The mileage is not what you are looking for. Going to put it on Ebay I guess, since you were the only one interested.

Thanks for the pin out numbers.

Sign in to follow this