UA-65274002-1 Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
RareGMFan

Northern IL w-body meet XLIX Planning

First, I'd like to start off by thanking everyone that came out to the last meet despite the crappy weather. Think all but 1 person from the attendees list showed. That being said....mother nature owes us one big time. For that reason, I'm going to put together another Herrick Lake cookout meet real quick to hopefully make up for the weather disaster from this last one. How does June 27 work?

Edit: June 27th is now confirmed. Official thread is here: http://www.w-body.com/showthread.php/81416-Northern-IL-w-body-meet-XLIX-(Herrick-Lake-Wheaton)-June-27

Please remember to bring $5 to contribute to the cost of food and supplies.

Edited by RareGMFan

First, I'd like to start off by thanking everyone that came out to the last meet despite the crappy weather. Think all but 1 person from the attendees list showed. That being said....mother nature owes us one big time. For that reason, I'm going to put together another Herrick Lake cookout meet real quick to hopefully make up for the weather disaster from this last one. How does June 27 work?

That IS the weekend of W-body Nationals. I really would not want our forum to have competing meets. As it is, we already selected that weekend partially because of the 3800 meet going on in Michigan and avoiding conflict with that. And as always, the Northern IL members are more than welcome to join the rest of the forum for our largest meet of the year.

I would think that whoever is going to the National meet is already set on going to the National meet and this local get together won't adversely impact the attendance of the National meet. I already know I'm not going to be able to make the National meet, but I think I'm free for the local meet D.

I would have to agree with Brian. I don't think either meet will have an impact on the other. Very, very few people who have attended an Ohio meet have ever been to one of ours. Likewise, I do not know of a regular from our meets that's been to an Ohio meet, so IF both these meets end up on the same date (this is still a feeler for us at this stage), it shouldn't be seen as a conflict.

He probably sent a similar message to his friend about the party.

"Got this car meet thing I'm invited to on the 27th, but that's in the afternoon anyway". :lol:

Anyway, so an entire 2 confirmed!

Edited by RareGMFan

WGAF if the national meet is the same day. This is 25 minutes or less away from most of us. 27th it is, can't think of anything I have going on

Edited by Euro

Subtle "I'm popular" post is subtle.

:P

LMAO, he gets mad at me every year because I never want to go downtown for his bday, so I'm not sure I can get out of this one. Unless you guys steal my keys?

I'm trying to, I've had plans with my dad and brother to go to Volo...and we've had to reschedule it 3 times. And this is the day of a friend's baby shower.

Speaking of which, lets move the meet to Volo. kthx

I actually plan on having a Volo meet this year, and it will most likely be the next one.

I think we've got enough confirmations to make this a go. Official thread is posted. http://www.w-body.com/showthread.php/81416-Northern-IL-w-body-meet-XLIX-(Herrick-Lake-Wheaton)-June-27 For any changes (if you want to be added or removed), please let me know ASAP. I'm buying all the food for this meet, thus fronting the money, so I'd rather not get more than we need, or end up not having enough.

Please also remember to bring $5 to contribute towards the food and supplies.

Sorry guys something came up I won't be out this Saturday. I got invited to the Burpee Museum of natural history, all because I painted my Brothers Jeep to look like the one in Jurassic Park.

post-3634-143689185007_thumb.jpg

Sorry guys something came up I won't be out this Saturday. I got invited to the Burpee Museum of natural history, all because I painted my Brothers Jeep to look like the one in Jurassic Park.

....what the?? A far better idea would be to bring that and a few dinosaurs to OUR park.