Finally bought a 1991 CSC, sharing a few pics!

sean1991olds

I'm a convertible (and an Olds guy) - always was afraid of the 3.1+3.4L's in the 92-95 verts, totally forgot some of these had the 'older' 3.1 similar to what I'm used to on my 1988 Z24 2.8L (the smaller bore version). Anyway, its a well maintained 91, can't believe its owner gave it up. I'm told it was traded in for a truck to haul a camper/trailer. The guy kept it mint, I'm going to have fun trying to keep up what he did. I don't think it was ever driven in rain or snow. It has the 1SD package and even "white stripe" tires which are mentioned as being an option in a brochure I have. Has about 95k miles on it.

post-11895-143689183894_thumb.jpg

post-11895-143689183905_thumb.jpg

post-11895-143689183912_thumb.jpg

post-11895-143689183919_thumb.jpg

post-11895-143689183929_thumb.jpg

post-11895-143689183936_thumb.jpg

post-11895-143689183946_thumb.jpg

Looks clean! I'd do a few minor modification the outside, but otherwise it's pretty

Ehh,Ehh, Ehh. You said it's pretty, pretty freaking awesome!

George; when you say easily upgradable headlights, you mean changing out the bulbs? I honestly preferred the 92-95 headlight setup (the look), but these are growing on me. Also, yeah I'd go to a meet depending on when!

Everything I look at on the car (trunk interior/key fob/engine bay etc) makes me go.. did this guy actually drive this thing and use it? 95k miles carefully driven lol. Dealer told me it was with them for over 45 days (more than reasonable price especially from a dealer). I had seen the price on the internet go down 3 times.

Glad to be part of this community, I've been on J-body forums quite a bit, you bunch seem nice here too. I also run outrightolds.com if anyone is interested in more Olds stuff. ;)

ManicMechanic; are you the one who posted the prod'n #'s/breakdown? What I found interesting too was that, by those numbers, there have been 123 black sapphire blue convertibles (1990+1991) other years had a different (usually lighter) shade of blue. Its a bit "old man" for me color wise, I'm mid 30s- but the uniqueness is cool I think!

Edited by sean1991olds

Nice score!! 1991 convertibles are super rare. The most common year is 94 and I think the most common color is red... at least for that year.

Welcome to the W body forum. We're pretty laid back here.

George; when you say easily upgradable headlights, you mean changing out the bulbs? I honestly preferred the 92-95 headlight setup (the look), but these are growing on me. Also, yeah I'd go to a meet depending on when!

Everything I look at on the car (trunk interior/key fob/engine bay etc) makes me go.. did this guy actually drive this thing and use it? 95k miles carefully driven lol. Dealer told me it was with them for over 45 days (more than reasonable price especially from a dealer). I had seen the price on the internet go down 3 times.

Glad to be part of this community, I've been on J-body forums quite a bit, you bunch seem nice here too. I also run outrightolds.com if anyone is interested in more Olds stuff. ;)

ManicMechanic; are you the one who posted the prod'n #'s/breakdown? What I found interesting too was that, by those numbers, there have been 123 black sapphire blue convertibles (1990+1991) other years had a different (usually lighter) shade of blue. Its a bit "old man" for me color wise, I'm mid 30s- but the uniqueness is cool I think!

Im sure I will see you on the highway with your tip down this summer, dont be surprise if you do see a black 95 vert that will be me, I have yet to see any verts on thr road here I felt special untill now lol

where in Mn do you live? Im at burnsville savage area

I'll be on the lookout for you and your car, I'm saint paul area, was out cruising just tonight. Sometimes I get to driving around your area, will see you around I'm sure.

I am.

• 4 weeks later...
George; when you say easily upgradable headlights, you mean changing out the bulbs? I honestly preferred the 92-95 headlight setup (the look), but these are growing on me.

Yes, pop in HID or LED bulbs. Maybe your lights have a good pattern. Everything I've tried, halogan, HID is brighter but seems to to be more scattered and not focused on the road where it should be. If the mini quads were larger it would be easier to convert to projectors.

• 2 months later...

Why start a new thread for more of the same - my GF took some pics while I was driving, its not very often you get pics of the car 'under way'! Fun to see, what strikes me is how big the wheels look, almost 4x4 like in some pics lol..

91road1.jpg

91road2.jpg

91road3.jpg

91road4.jpg