Looked over fix causes problems.

Deacon

So late last year (2014), I had to several fixes all at once on my '95 GP SE.

New hoses

new radiator

new alternator

and a couple of small things here and there.

I got all the parts and completed everything in a weekend. Afterwards, she was running just like she was before only with no leaking and more power <grunt, grunt, grunt>.

Then I noticed my gas mileage dropping like a rock. I went from an avg of 22mpg to around 18mpg.

At first I was baffled how anything I replaced could affect mileage so I did some research and couldn't really find anything.

I even went and had the plugs and wires replaced. It was dead of winter in Michigan and I don't have access to a garage.

I decided to tackle the simplest thing first. I had replaced my gad cap with a locking unit. So I decided to put the old one(original) back on, wait and see what happened.

First tank of gas, my mileage jumped back up to about 19 mpg. After a while it has continuously climbed and is now around 21.59 mpg. Of course it all depends on my driving habits and stop and go traffic vs highway.

So it just goes to show you, check the simple things first.

Or Keep It Simple Stupid.

Thats my story and I'm sticking to it. :D

you may have an issue with the evap system on the car, and the seal on the old cap leaks where the new cap doesn't leak. I just drove my 90 1200 miles in a weekend and averaged 25 mpg and one speeding ticket lol