Bad idle fixed 3.4

John M

I looked for the post I made asking for help on this issue ,but cannot find. The '95 Cutty would 'cam' at start up, (idle would bounce up to 3000+ and down low and would stall). Cold made this worse. Once engine warmed up problem went away. My mech found a vaccuum leak under the intake/plenum. I did not see the part, it was a special grommet under the top of the motor. It took days for the part to come in (rare?) My mech considers the 3.4 a rare engine, I don't.

So not sure if the grommet fixed the problem or if taking it apart and putting it back together fixed it. It is fixed thankfully. Almost $600 though...

Hope this helps someone else.

I called it a grommet might just be a gasket, they replaced many. Manifold,EGR, fuel injector O-rings and others. Not sure if that 'special one' fixed the problem or one of the others did. Part # 24506744 is an oil related part. They had to order the part and it was hard to find/get. I could post the invoice if some one wants it.