99 Regal Auto Lights

3pt1lumina

It's been awhile since I've been here. Family, work, etc = no time.

Question on my 99 Regal. How do I disable the automatic lights? I'm OK with the DRL's being on but if they vanish with disabling the auto lights then that's fine too. Any insight is appreciated. Thanks.

Being a 99 you should be able to just remove the DRL fuse, and that will kill everything and make it manual lights. It wasn't until 01 that that trick quit working. Well atleast on Grand Prixs anyways

^^I think that still applies to Regals as well, but I'm not sure. I remember thinking of doing that back when I got mine because on my GP you couldn't run the parking lights & fogs together without the DRL disabled.. but I changed my mind when I saw you could achieve that on the Regal.

Just the auto lights. If the DRL's go too that's not a big deal.

I remember on my 01 Malibu if you disabled the DRL's the Service Vehicle Soon light came on, but that also disabled the auto lights. On my 09 Malibu I was able to pull the DRL fuse and the auto lights stayed (opposite of what I want to do in this case). On my Luminas I was able to pull the DRL fuse and it got rid of everything. On my 08 Grand Prix you can't disable anything without playing with the wiring (but it has the switch to turn the automatic lights and DRL's off) so that doesn't bother me.

I will try pulling the DRL fuse at lunch today and let you know what happens. Thanks!