98 Lumina Guage Lights not Turning On

Michael Savage

My mother's 98 Lumina LS, all the lights turn on, but the Lights for the Guages, Fuel, RPM, Speedometer, And Temp arnt comming on, went ahead and serviced the 3 fuse boxes and replaced all the fuses and cleaned all the terminals, replaced all the bulbs in all the sockets, in the cluster, A/C controller, and door switches. Can't figured out what's making the lights not come on. What's left to check?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tested the light switch itself to see if it is providing power to cluster illumination bulbs? or verified that the wiring isn't problematic?

my original switch actually started cutting out interior lighting as if it were going into a short-circuit protection mode. sometimes I could turn the lights off and back on and interior lighting came back, other times it didn't, I eventually replaced the entire switch, didn't happen afterwards.

I'll swap the switch out Wednesday when I have the car in the shop doing a LIM job on it and I'll let you know. LIM has started seaping a few drops of oil when it heats up on the rear near the Distributer It's one or the other leaking but wanted to change it all while I was that far into it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk