Brake, Turn Signal, and Indicators Stopped Working

Michael Savage

Just replaced the Steering Wheel accessory switch 6 months ago, yesterday the Brake lights stopped working, Turn signals, and indicators on the cluster for them, brake light in back glass still works, fuses are all fine.

before I switch it out again just wanting to verify more than likely it's a faulty switch, thanks ahead of time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've had the exact same problem on my cutlass and regal and both times it was the turn signal switch.

The lever or the clock spring?

Clock Spring, out of stock, getting it tomorrow. Went ahead and pulled it apart, put a new Lever in it just for good measure(had a spare from early replacement with the original lol) noticed weird green residue on the copper leads on the clock spring kind of greasy feeling that wasn't there last time I pulled it, guessing there's a lot of it and that's what messed it up.

Turn signal switch. If you pull it apart, give it a good spray with electronics cleaner, bend the contacts around, and re-lube with dielectric grease, you can get more life out of 'em, but after doing that a few times, I found it expedient just to order a new one.

Yeah I have the money to buy a new one, that's what I'm doing in the morning, I'll take it apart and clean it like you said to see if I can put it up as a spare for future reference(or as an early exchange to get a new one)