Would you say this is dangerous dry rot?

Torque_Effect

Tires are just under years old, and have a good amount of tread life in them, but since this is my main highway cruiser, and I regularly drive 150 miles to and from my girlfriend's place and over 99% of the drive is 65-70mph on the highway, you can understand I am worried about tread separation and blowouts.

So would you say this dry rot is dangerous?

It's funny though, I have 2 tires that are over a year older on my Festiva, and have zero dryrot, and I bought them out of a junkyard on top of being how old they are. lol Cooper > Bridgestone at least in terms of tire aging. I am Disappointed Japan

20150331_190804_zpsyhiwp9qb.jpg

20150331_190747_zpszermg8p0.jpg

20150331_190742_zpslff4yni8.jpg

20150331_190814_zps1utivhqi.jpg

i've driven on worse without a complete failure, but unless you enjoy paranoia, I don't recommend it.

having that much tread left after 5 years and having to deal with replacement due to rot seems like a good excuse to get some softer, stickier rubber under there.

Alright, I got a tire picked out so I will go to discount tire tomorrow and get them. They are the Ohtsu FP6000s.

They are not a long warranty tire, only 35k miles, but have read allot of good things when further researching them, they are supposedly really grippy tires.

Those tires are almost 5 years old

Yeah, I meant to type a 5 in there, but I guess it didn't register when I was typing. But yes, they are just under 5 years old.

I wouldn't drive much longer on those if you don't have to. Even if they don't kill you or cause an accident, they could at the very least cause some damage to the car if they separate.

Under where?

unter ze kar.

Alright, I got a tire picked out so I will go to discount tire tomorrow and get them. They are the Ohtsu FP6000s.

They are not a long warranty tire, only 35k miles, but have read allot of good things when further researching them, they are supposedly really grippy tires.

for the ~$60 they look to cost, they aren't terrible.

http://www.discounttire.com/storeReviews/ReadReviews?rbqs.rd=16&rbqs.rc=MADINT&rbqs.cs=225&rbqs.pc=17355&rbqs.ra=searchTiresBySize.do&rbqs.c=6&drb.productCode=17355&rbqs.fl=&drb.region=MADINT&rbqs.rf=true&rbqs.ar=60

I find it interesting that the 3 reviews shown are all w-bodies. they do look to have a decent all-season tread pattern on them, so water and some snow shouldn't be difficult to manage.

I've driven on worse tires but if you have the money to do it, I'd buy new tires if I was you.

This is one of those "it could wait, but better not to"

I had to look at a bigger picture but those are dang near identical to falken ziex 512's (no longer made) I currently have them on the tgp in 245-50-16 and they are great tires

Sent from my YP-G70 using Tapatalk 2

I've driven on much worse, and blew a drivers front side one out on the highway at night doing 65mph. Other than the smell of burning rubber and some noise, it wasn't a big deal.

Make sure that spare is appropriately pressured up. Its not fun to drive on a spare without its full air charge.