Installing Gauges: TEMP, VOLTS, OIL PSI

LUMINATOR

Has anyone on the forum installed accessory gauges? I have a Sunpro triple gauge kit that I want to put in my 1990 Lumina. It has water temp, volts and oil pressure gauges. If anyone has installed these before let me know. It looks like a pain :think:!

you could get most, if not all of those functions by swapping to something other than the base cluster. I believe with the luminas, a 5 guage setup was on top?

Depending on the year/ options you'll get either:

Temp, oil pressure, speed, tach and fuel

Or

Temp, volts, speed, tach and fuel

Changed between '92 and '93. GM believed that there were too many complaints of oil pressure variations, so the oil pressure gauge was removed and a voltmeter installed instead for the '93 model year.

seeing how GM did just that for 92/93 grand prix, cutlass supreme by using either a dummy guage/switch or a label-free oil guage, I'd say that's reasonable to assume even if there weren't factory documentation of such.

none of those gauges should be hard to install unless it didn't come with oil pressure. I put trans temp and voltage gauges in my 96 GP and it was easy. There should always be a water temp sensor, so you should be able to hook into that. Voltage should be easy, too. I'm not an expert on what options Luminas had, though.

Changed between '92 and '93. GM believed that there were too many complaints of oil pressure variations, so the oil pressure gauge was removed and a voltmeter installed instead for the '93 model year.

That would explain things. I didn't know what that cutoff or distinction was between them, despite owning a 91 and a 92.