Replacing top cylinders????

jackhartjr

You have to take off the trim on top of the roll bar (so the top has to be down), then take off the trim on the bottom of the roll bar where the lights are (the lights come out too). After that you take off the panel on the sides. There's a screw by the door and another one on the side. You have to look for them, all the panels are held on by Phillips screws so it's relatively easy to do.

Once all the trim is off, I find it easier to have the top up, get a 14 or 15 mm wrench and socket/ratchet combo and get the top part of the lift off. Then take off the 2 hoses on the cylinder. That's pretty much it. There might be a step or 2 missing, but this is how I got mine off.

If you want, I'll check the FSM for more details.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

Nas Escobar, that was the ticket! Thank You! My mechanic said that had to be one of the poorest designed systems he has seen!

It's done, I pick it up in the morning!

• 2 weeks later...

Trying to replace the cylinder in a 95 vert..my passenger side actually broke the shafts by the bolt. How do I get the cylinder out of the mounting....it looks like 2 pins are pressed in?

Found it..all good..13mm nut holding bracket to top of cylinder...got a complete set of 2 cylinders and a pump from eBay for 100 bucks..replaced the broken one all good now.

b2a1b703152dcfed7a6f5e491fe2583f.jpg

1250a574cb172c220535e5aba81d9c7a.jpg