95 lumina cluster guage pinout

zigtech

Hi everyone I'm new here. This is my second lumina my old one was a 96 ls. Now I have a 95 base and I want the tach back. My local jy doesn't have any but my friend has a police cluster. I've been reading the posts and I was looking for a pinout so I can hook the vss, power, and ground or were to solder it to the board but everywhere I look at the pictures are gone. Also my friend can't remember what year it came out of so I might have a fuel problem if I do is there anyway to get it to work.

you can definitely interchange 95-97 clusters, but the 98+ may have a fuel gauge problem due to the way it's controlled.

the police cluster has some additional hardware necessary to make it operate properly, I believe it all fits into the left cubby hole below the headlamp switch.

he doesn't have the cubby hole reset. But I never trip mine so having that option is not a big deal. I just really need to know where the vss, power, and ground are so I can get the digital to work.

I managed to find a pinout, however the diagram does not count for one with or without a cluster. I assume GM simply kept the wiring in there but used a non tach cluster.

Regardless here's the wiring diagram.

This one is the full analogue cluster if I'm not mistaken (they call it without SEO, whatever that means)

post-8125-143689179693_thumb.jpg

And here's one with the "SEO (I assume the digi dash).

post-8125-143689179702_thumb.jpg

Both of these are for your 95. My theory is that the wiring woudl be more or less the same on the new cluster, but if not, I can post 97+

I managed to find a pinout, however the diagram does not count for one with or without a cluster. I assume GM simply kept the wiring in there but used a non tach cluster.

Regardless here's the wiring diagram.

This one is the full analogue cluster if I'm not mistaken (they call it without SEO, whatever that means)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]18571[/ATTACH]

And here's one with the "SEO (I assume the digi dash).

[ATTACH=CONFIG]18572[/ATTACH]

Both of these are for your 95. My theory is that the wiring woudl be more or less the same on the new cluster, but if not, I can post 97+

OK thanks