google link for w-body took me to adultfriendfinder

2001goldGTP

I think this just proves that vbulletin has become a very vulnerable forum software. I believe Luke said he is already looking into alternatives.

Then people will stop searching topics and start reposting the same questions... Well more at least. I notice the pop up/redirect thing only happens on the phone. I have no issues with it on the PC

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

I've never had an issue with not being able to find what I'm looking for by using the Search function here.

• 1 month later...

This is still happening. See the site analysis and comments here: https://www.virustotal.com/en/url/d4b55b9b9de79b2465c690cffc521d91251462afe1925e38de38d053075def5b/analysis/1430822702/

The fact the infection only hijacks users a small portion of the time is what has allowed it to evade detection for the years its been present on w-body.com

I can help clean the infection if one of the admins wants my help. I've probably been a member here for 10+ years just FYI.

Have you had this happen to you or are you just posting this information?

As far as we are aware the issue has been resolved. If users are still having this problem we haven't heard about it.

And from my quick reading tell me; it appears that once you get on Yandex you are kind of stuck there for quite some time. I'm not the admin, just a mod, but I'll pass this up to the admin.

I'm glad I saw this -- I actually did have a Google link to this site redirect me to AdultFriendFinder the other day -- twice. Both times, the second time I tapped (I was on my phone) it then took me to W-Body. It's only when I come from Google.

Be careful with the Google links... My phones been acting funky since one of those redirects.

Be careful with the Google links... My phones been acting funky since one of those redirects.

Those redirects aren't going to affect your phone, unless you installed something you shouldn't have.

Yes it happened to me this weekend on my iPhone coming from Google search.

For some reason I am not getting email notifications from W-body.com despite subscribing to them (always).

EDIT: My fault - I updated my forum settings and I bet it'll work now.

I would be glad to help clean the infection free of charge. I've worked in IT for about 15 years and have cleaned numerous infections on both Windows servers and Linux based servers. Since I'm not getting email notifications, please contact me directly via my email in my profile.

Also, can someone (anyone) send me a test PM? My PM's say 1 Unread but I actually have 0, so maybe receiving a PM will fix that glitch... NO LONGER NEEDED, THANKS!

Edited by Tooky
PMs working now

Yeah I think you're right. I wonder why? I have 9 posts, but this one makes it 10. Maybe now I'll have PM privileges?

Anyhow I've attempted to contact LukeZ34 via "Contact Us" at the bottom to exchange contact info.

I tried sending one, still get that the person has chosen not to receive PM's. Not sure if that's an individual basis or not, but seeing that I'm not the only one that couldn't send PM's, I'm posting here just to make sure it's the person and not the forum still.

Yes it happened to me this weekend on my iPhone coming from Google search.

For some reason I am not getting email notifications from W-body.com despite subscribing to them (always).

EDIT: My fault - I updated my forum settings and I bet it'll work now.

I would be glad to help clean the infection free of charge. I've worked in IT for about 15 years and have cleaned numerous infections on both Windows servers and Linux based servers. Since I'm not getting email notifications, please contact me directly via my email in my profile.

Also, can someone (anyone) send me a test PM? My PM's say 1 Unread but I actually have 0, so maybe receiving a PM will fix that glitch...

I sent you a private message to test out.

Edit: Oddly enough, Robert's message was the last one showing in this thread for me. Three more appeared as I posted that. :P

I tried hitting the back arrow after being redirected to the adultfriendfinder today and it about froze the computer up. flash said something and windows buttons wouldn't work. basically I rebooted and got here now. but the virus feels like it's getting worse

I haven't been redirected to adultfriendfinder, but I have been redirected to some site that throws up some virus alerts. I just tried now and instead of clicking the direct link, I went to the one that is cached by google instead(click the down arrow to the right). No issues doing it that way, then I can get the direct link or thread # from there to use if need be.

I believe I've fixed the hack that was causing the redirects now. (Still more work to clean up behind the scenes.)

Anyone - PLEASE update this thread if you still get any phony websites when clicking on W-Body results in Google from this point forward. If it happens to you even 1 time I will be highly interested in tracking that down, so please make note of the exact time (Hours, Minutes and Seconds) and add your time zone in a post here, and which page were you attempting to visit.

i just went through 8 links with no problems.
I should've posted this before but, here's what I've concluded are the circumstances the hack was happening under:

- coming from a major search engine (not a direct link or bookmark)

- no cookies from previous visits (it checks for existence of a cookie the forum sets for all normal visitors and if present, does not show the hack website, at least not on the same day as your last visit)

So to test it, I was opening an Incognito window in Chrome (so it was as if I was a completely new visitor), and then Googling "w-body torque specs" and the site was like the 5th result so I clicked that, and 4 out of 5 times it would take me to either adultfriendfinder or (most frequently) a filestore72.info download page for a file that no longer exists.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk