Unknown wire under passenger seat

HEMI-V8

Hey guys.

Today I had the demand to clean the carpet under the seats and additional cleaning and lube the seat mechanic.

So on the passenger side I have seen a unknown cutted wire with full voltage on.

Does anybody know for what this wire is ? It is stock ?

post-9500-143689179492_thumb.jpg

Thank´s.

Johannes from germany.

post-9500-143689179477_thumb.jpg

Edited by HEMI-V8

That almost looks like a household 110v wire... Sure that's a factory wire? My guess would have to be seat heater or power seat mechanism. Wouldn't be anything with the airbag. (Not sure if those even came with side impact air bags on the pass. side.)

That almost looks like a household 110v wire... Sure that's a factory wire? My guess would have to be seat heater or power seat mechanism. Wouldn't be anything with the airbag. (Not sure if those even came with side impact air bags on the pass. side.)

If it's on the passenger's side, would it really be the power supply to the power seat? I thought all 1G W's got driver's side only. His is a 1990 anyways, so no airbag stuff. That's almost always yellow anyways.

:think: Hmm... I think the question is what electrical gizmo would be installed by the previous owner under the seat.

I thought all 1G W's got driver's side only.

regal power seats had at least the option of power passenger, if not an outright requirement.

regal power seats had at least the option of power passenger, if not an outright requirement.

And the Cutlass did not get this option.... WHY?

If it was a power seat wire, it should have been orange and black. Also a lot thinner than that. That looks like 10 - 12 ga wire.

I do wonder what's that black box sitting on the floor. My car didn't have that when I gutted it.

I´ve got no power passenger seat, and this wire looks 100 % not factory stock.

think I should follow this wire under the carpet to find where its ending and will report you.

UPDATE I :

Finally I have trailed the wire under the carpet and the right trim and it ended at the (removed) equalizer.

apparently has the preowner installed it, when he built-in his aftermarket radio.

Additional a photo from the unknown control unit under the seat.

UPDATE II :

The module is the ABS control module.

Just google´d the number on the sticker on top :thumbsup:

post-9500-143689179558_thumb.jpg

post-9500-143689179577_thumb.jpg

post-9500-143689179585_thumb.jpg

Edited by HEMI-V8

So now the mystery is solved. Didn't know PM3 cars had a control module under the seat. I thought that was an aftermarket electronic.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using Tapatalk