Which oil pressure sensor?

Reride

While trying to make my oil pressure gauge in my Digi UB3 I swapped the sensor from the '91 CSC that I got the cluster from into the '92 CSC that digi is swapped into. The car will crank but not start now, even after I swapped the old sensor back in. Did I blow a fusible link or something. Which one should I use with the Digiital UB3 and is there anything else need to do so that oil pressure gauge will work?

The started and ran just fine last night. BTW both cars are 3.1's. Thanks, Steve.

that seems like the oil pressure sensor was the item powering the fuel pump relay then.

how long did the engine normally have to crank before firing? and did you normally hear the fuel pump run for 2 seconds when the key is rolled forward to the on position?

The shorter one doesn't have an output for the gauge. As I recall, the longer one is a 3 wire and the shorter is a 2 wire. It's been a while, so you may need to double check that.

Both switches long and short are 3 wire. I did however get it started. Somehow I managed to blow fuel pump fuse. I replaced it and it starts fine now.

Only thing now is the oil pressure gauge still does not fluctuate, just a constant reading. Does anyone have any ideas?

You had the dummy rigged gauge on your original cluster. That was done by using a switch (the short sensor) that would peg the gauge at "high". GM added a resistor that reduced the voltage going to the gauge. You will have to find the resistor in the engine harness and remove it. It is rumored to be about two feet up the wire from the oil sensor. Find it and snip it out, and reconnect the wire.

Thank you very much Crazy K!!!! I will look for resistor tomorrow when I get home from work. It will nice to see my oil pressure gauge work the way it is suppose too. Thanks again, Steve.