@@#$%&!!! plow backed into my windshield!!

primergray

Not pleased...not pleased at all. Filled with ineffectual rage, like Ben Stiller in the first part of Mystery Men...

So, I'm about to go to work late due to snow...and I decide to wait for the plow to finish on my cul-de-sac street before I go...and while turning around, the freaking truck backs into my windshield! Drivers side, knocks hole in it...messes up windshield trim as well, and also screws up the top door edge black trim as well as putting a minor dent on the edge of the door frame. Glass on the dash and floor...seat...door panel. Cardboard over the hole for now.

So...is that door trim the same piece on all 1st gen W coupes? Anyone have a black piece that will fit a 94 Regal GS coupe?

Edited by primergray

Time to call your insurance agent, let them handle the situation,

assuming that.....where you live (it's in a snowbelt)...and if the municipal laws there state that all vehicles must be removed from any city street within 24 hrs after a snowfall so the plows can clear the streets, you're not in violation of this & so you're technically not responsible for what happened.

Edited by 55trucker

Yes, the guy stayed...and I'm in contact with the plow service owner and will either go with his insurance or he'll write me a check for fixing things...will post some pictures later. Oddly, most pissed off about having to find a piece of door trim...and some clips for said door trim. Yay for crazy thin A pillars, not sure how they hit the glass and the edge of the door, but didn't hurt the pillar...

Hope I can get a windshield before the next rain or snow, at least.

Sorry to hear this, get that windshield fixed quick! I replaced the window surround trim on my 1988 olds with trim from a 96 so yes, any coupe you find it on will do. A couple of the holes moved over the years but enough will line up that it'll be fine.

Good luck with the windshield. I can't find a USA-sourced windshield for any of my vehicles.

The cheap-junk (but not inexpensive) Chinese glass is a friggin' disaster. Six months and it'll be full of mini-pits like it was pummeled by gravel. I don't know how the Communists can make such shitty glass, but they do.

If anyone knows of a source for American glass for 1st gen W body, or Trailblazers, let me know!

^ Try PGW (Pittsburgh Glass Works) formerly PPG (after GM sold them off), they still manufacture auto glass & they are domestic, hard to believe that one would not be able to find a windshield for a 1st gen W-body.

Already had mini-pits covering the windshield, so at least I should get 6 months of clarity...heh. That'll at least get me past the worst of the spring morning sun glare.