Curb weight comparison

pshojo

i was trying to find good curb weight info for different years of Oldsmobiles. Seems i'm finding conflicting information. Where have you gone that has good data?

I read that the 1997 CS has better Side impact safety rating, so i was wondering if there was weight increase?

Also wondering what weight differences are between CS Sedan and Intrique and Olds 88.... for personal reasons. Trying to find contributing factors on difference of gas mileage and how quick some of these have seemed in compariison, beside the FDR.

I've had both the 3800 Olds 88 H-Body, and the 3.1 Cutlass W-body. Both mated to a 440T4 / 4T60 transaxle. Fuel consumption was pretty much identical, but the 3800 was clearly a superior engine power wise and the earlier ones never had any gasket issues.

Any differences in fuel consumption are likely fully explainable by slight changes in gear ratios. With the later/stronger engines, they could have tinkered a bit with the ratio. But larger 16" wheels would have been subtractive from that. Believe it or not, these cars, even 25 years later, are still reasonably competitive with new cars of a similar size for actual fuel highway fuel consumption.

driver's door lists the maximum weight it can carry(vehicle included), but not the actual curb weight.

I'm told you can get a rough estimate from that number by subtracting the number of seats multiplied by 155lbs? or something like that.

http://www.automobile-catalog.com/browse.php

I've found that site to be more detailed than most for random specifications, but they don't have every possible vehicle listed either.