Forum Upgrade caused theme errors

LukeZ34

Hey all

An upgrade to the most recent version of VB has broken the original default visual theme we had. The company that created the theme is no longer in business, so we must find a new one.

In the mean time, this dark colored theme is the only one I had installed that worked properly, despite some visual kinks that I've found.

Please be patient as I work through these problems.

Luke

Just me or is the forum displayed all kinds of messed up currently? I'm using the latest version of Firefox if it makes a difference.

Edit: It's only displayed incorrectly when I login. Before I logged in, it looked fine ,but was in the dark theme as mentioned. I suppose I'll try changing to dark theme in my profile if I can even manage to find it - there are so many displays overlaid on the page it's hard to navigate, lol. I'll have to screenshot it later.

Edit #2: I was able to select the dark theme at the very bottom of the page in a pull-down tab, then go into my settings and change it to the dark theme. Everything displays fine now. On the "default" theme, it was all kinds of screwy - I couldn't even access my settings when it was on that. :P

Edited by mfewtrail

I'll be honest, I'm very tempted to just dump the whole forum and reimport the existing database and start over with a fresh install sometime. Over the past 5 years, upgrades and addons have added and removed so many things that its been causing problems for a long time. I'll also be the first to admit, that I'm pretty novice dealing with this software too, so that doesn't help matters any. :think:

I may look in to the benefits to upgrading to Vbulletin 5 as well.. Stay tuned everyone, I'll have some news soon.

I'll be honest, I'm very tempted to just dump the whole forum and reimport the existing database and start over with a fresh install sometime. Over the past 5 years, upgrades and addons have added and removed so many things that its been causing problems for a long time. I'll also be the first to admit, that I'm pretty novice dealing with this software too, so that doesn't help matters any. :think:

I may look in to the benefits to upgrading to Vbulletin 5 as well.. Stay tuned everyone, I'll have some news soon.

I dont know if i could survive on the fb pages alone tho......

I dont know if i could survive on the fb pages alone tho......

I don't have facebook nor do I plan on getting one. The day forums die will be the day I'll end up having to find a good mechanic.

i hated to do so, but I abandoned the w-body facebook group a while ago... my brain has never felt better, but my heart still contains sorrow.

the people who are a part of the facebook group but not a part of the forum blow my mind at times.

Not a big deal, but even though I changed my settings to display the dark theme in my profile, I keep getting defaulted to the lighter theme that is really messed up each time I login. I'm having to manually select the dark theme at the bottom of the page for now.

Thanks for keeping this place going Luke. :thumbsup:

i hated to do so, but I abandoned the w-body facebook group a while ago... my brain has never felt better, but my heart still contains sorrow.

the people who are a part of the facebook group but not a part of the forum blow my mind at times.

I left and forgot about such a dumb place

Hey all

An upgrade to the most recent version of VB has broken the original default visual theme we had. The company that created the theme is no longer in business, so we must find a new one.

In the mean time, this dark colored theme is the only one I had installed that worked properly, despite some visual kinks that I've found.

Please be patient as I work through these problems.

Luke

I like the dark theme better than the original.

I like the dark theme better than the original.

Honestly, my only complaint with the new theme is that the font size should be one or 2 sizes bigger to accommodate the dark theme. I usually make the text bigger by using the ctrl and + trick so it's not a pressurizing thing. Just a thought more than anything.

I agree. I really don't see a problem, either.

i agree with Nas..enlarge the default text size, and run with what you have.

Honestly, my only complaint with the new theme is that the font size should be one or 2 sizes bigger to accommodate the dark theme. I usually make the text bigger by using the ctrl and + trick so it's not a pressurizing thing. Just a thought more than anything.