91 Grand Prix Taillight lens

chevelle3504speed

Hey guys,

I've removed my left taillight lens from the taillight assembly in an attempt to reseal it in hopes of remedying the condensation on the inside of the lens. I looked like to me that the lens was sealed to the body of the taillight using uncured rubber (same stuff used to seal windshields). I was considering using silicon. What do you guys think? If I use the uncured rubber route, do I have to heat the rubber and/or lens and taillight assembly to seal the lens to the body of the taillight?

Thanks,

Andy

You will be fine using outdoor window and door silicone for sealing purposes. Then before you stick the bulb and socket in to seal it, set the taillight in the sun for awhile in a dry place to make sure all moisture has dissipated out.

me too, but the stuff that stays uncured, like rubber gasket sealer? :shrug: not sure what the exact thing to call it, but it would be a better choice if you ever need to remove it again.