Grand prix 02 random unplugged wire

martelmungo

I have a random wire that has is blue by my alternator. The alternator btw has the red one screwed in and the other one is plugged in so i do not think it goes to the alternator. Im hetting a servive engine soon light. i just replaced my intake manifold upper and lower. Of which the car starts fine and idles at 1k rpm and gets about middle of the temp guage. I revved it and drove it down the street at about 30 mph. I figuire if this wire is a sensor then that could be causing the check engine light. Posting a pic.

post-11538-143689178094_thumb.jpg

Sorry btw, this picture was taken before. I put everything else back.. So the only thing still current is that blue/black plug by the alternator. Which is my question.. where do i plug it in?

If you have a SES, read the code with an OBD2 scanner. They are free to borrow at Auto Zone, Advance Auto Parts, and I think OReilleys. You can only use them in the parking lot though, so you have to take the car there.

The wire should be to a sensor if you just did the LIMG.