steering column parts interchange

l67ss

I have a floor shift column with destroyed shaft bearing and i also have a column shift column that is mint. Both are from 97 monte carlos. My question is can i use the column shift column to fix the floor shift column?

Thanks

If you can take the columns apart, yes, you can interchange about 95% of the column components. The trick is how to remove the pivot pins if you must get that far into the column to replace the part you are speaking of. There are #8 or #10 screw holes in the pins, I have removed them with a slide hammer but had to buy a pack of the longest size stainless screws (stonger) to slide hammer the pins out. good luck?

If you can take the columns apart, yes, you can interchange about 95% of the column components. The trick is how to remove the pivot pins if you must get that far into the column to replace the part you are speaking of. There are #8 or #10 screw holes in the pins, I have removed them with a slide hammer but had to buy a pack of the longest size stainless screws (stonger) to slide hammer the pins out. good luck?

The main issue with the floor shift column is the shaft bearings. Both columns have good tilt mechanisms

No definitive answer to the original question, but on the pivot pins K mentioned, there's a tool to remove those Saginaw column pivot pins. I think they still sell them in the tool section of autoparts stores for under $10. It looks like this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Powerbuilt-Steering-Pivot-Pin-Remover-GM-Chrysler-Ford-Vehicles-647073-/291121988909?hash=item43c839052d&item=291121988909&pt=Motors_Automotive_Tools&vxp=mtr