Broken fuel line

rich_e777

Ok got this 3400 back together and found it leaks fuel just about the large circular thing built into the line just under the throttle body. Would anyone know how I can fix this? I can find no replacement part and better still I cannot see how the lines disconnect out of the car heading towards the gas tank. Even better that's probably not the only thing wrong after I put it back together just the most obvious. This will probably be the last time I do something like this, its always something even if following the manual to the letter.

Ummm, are you referring to the quick disconnects? You just use a tool from the parts store to disconnect those, that inserts into such. If you're referring to the a big circular can, I believe that's some sort of damper. If that's leaking, you'll need to find a replacement OEM assembly.

Do you have a junkyard handy? I know these cars are starting to unfortunately become a bit too scarce for my liking....

Negative on the quick disconnects, I did immediately suspect them, thanks for the replies. I`ll get pics in a few, then you guys get to see "The Hangar" but on the rear fuel rail as you follow the line down just after the first bend there is like a flat circle thing in line with the fuel line, its leaking at the top of this thing. All 31XX engines Ive seen at the yard, here or on my CS they all have this thing. I was super pissed off last night and had to sleep on it, hell on my spare time save for a few minutes on here this week has been work on this car and my back was hurting me bad last night.

I would LOVE to put some quick disconnects in this thing and thought about seeing if a modified line can work, I don't think I need to pull the entire UIM down to get to this as you can pull the line from the rail per instructions. Don't hate much but this is in a grand am but this engine is destined for my car one day as the rest of the car falls apart. Or I might buy the car from him, I sort of like it.

I know the "round thing" you're talking about. The memory's a bit fuzzy, but I believe it connects up to the rear fuel rail and has an o-ring on the end of the fuel line where it enters the fuel rail. You'll most likely have to pull the upper intake to access said connection. I would not be surprised if the o-ring is missing or torn. I put a small tear in the o-ring on the FPR during reassembly when I pulled the heads on my Impala a few years ago and it leaked fuel a tiny bit. It wasn't gushing or anything, just a dribble that made the interior reek of gas. Changed the o-ring and she was good to go.

Twas exactly this^, the way the fuel was spraying it appeared to be coming out of that.

Looking online I saw stories where people were getting a single O-ring from the stealership for like $16. While You can get a pack of assorted fuel system O-rings for about half that. The first one ripped when I was tightening the inlet flange and I got it back out with another knuckle busted on the master cylinder:D I used some Lucas assembly lube on the new o-ring and it stubbornly went back in and seated. Tracing a no spark situation on the engine now that may be due to the 7x being bad or more likely the harness. Or something with the damn security system built into the thing. I`m waiting to get permission to post on the grand am forum but things are not happening, ah forgot about 60degreeV6.com. I wouldn't have brought it up had it been a non-w-body engine.