1988-1996 pontiac grand prix history question

gulfblue1387

I have been gathering info on the 88-96 cars lately. Specifically the manual transmission cars, I know that they produced them but I have only seen a handful. So I'm wondering if anybody knows exactly what trims came manual and with what motors? They did an interior revamp in 94 or 95, did they continue the manual transmission after that? Ive also heard that some were getrag 284's as well as 282's, Was there specific models that designated what transmissions each car got? Im really just looking for info right now, and thought I might as well ask here first.

manuals ran from 88-93, AFAIK no regals were ever built as such but the other 3 could be.

only 3.4 powered cars got the 284. all of the 2.3, 2.8 and 3.1 cars with manuals got the 282.

I believe the manual was offered as an option rather than exclusive to a submodel. Makes treasure hunts a little more time consuming when you have to go put eyes on the car to see if its even a coupe or sedan let alone manual or automatic.