installing a GNTX-221 auto dimming mirror into a 2002 Intrigue GL

derkach99

Hello all,

I am considering of replacing my daily drive with possibly a nicely equipped 2002 Intrigue GL. I recently found out that the GLS models actually came with a kick ass rear view mirror and I am funding if it would be a plug in and play installation. I know there is a lot of info on this mirror but I am curious if it can be installed with out the use of extra wires.

[h=2]GNTX-221[/h]post-7950-1436891768_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...

I know this is a late reply, but I just happened to stumble upon this. I presume you have an ordinary mirror with map lights now? If so, the hardest part, which is wiring for the map lights, will already be prewired. The only thing you'll need to do above and beyond that is to run a positive wire to a +12v source that comes on with accessories or ignition, and a ground. Both the auto-dimming and compass features run off those wires. There will be a 3rd green wire that disables the auto-dimming feature when the car is put in reverse, but it is up to you whether you want to go through the hassle of wiring that or not. Very few people do, as it does not affect functionality, and is kind of a useless feature.

BTW, those mirrors are rare (only available as an option on the GLS, and the Lincoln LS), so if you find one in a yard, definitely snag it. Otherwise, they go for a nice chunk of change on eBay through most sellers. For example, I usually get $140 shipped for them.