Busted vacuum line to EGR (4mm plastic)

GnatGoSplat

2.8L V6 in 89 Cutlass.

Vacuum line to EGR busted. Broke off right at the rubber distribution block that plugs into the throttle body, so I can't bridge the broken spot with a piece of hose or anything (in the past, I've bridged broken pieces with heatshrink tubing which worked great).

Any ideas on how to fix? It's 4mm OD plastic line. I'd buy a replacement 4mm plastic vacuum line if I could find it.

Had a thought I could push out the broken part out of the rubber block, stick a vacuum barb in there, and then connect a rubber hose from that to the remainder of the plastic line, but will 4mm ID vacuum hose fit snugly enough on it?

Had a thought I could push out the broken part out of the rubber block, stick a vacuum barb in there, and then connect a rubber hose from that to the remainder of the plastic line, but will 4mm ID vacuum hose fit snugly enough on it?

not a bad thought. 1/8" ID is 3.175mm, which should be more than enough of an interference fit to keep the two types together.

Ended up getting lucky. In my junk drawer, I'd saved a piece of hard vacuum line. Wasn't a real long piece, but good enough to bridge with the remainder using heatshrink tubing.

It's a good thing I don't hardly throw anything away.